Ron Paul CSPAN Appearance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ratboy88, Mar 12, 2007.

After watching the video I support:

1. Ron Paul

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Barack Obama

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Hillary Clinton

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Rudy Giuliani

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. John Edwards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mitt Romney

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. John McCain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Al Sharpton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. #11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. why dont u go check his website and the countless statements he made on these iussues...u cant expect the guy to elaborate his agenda in 5 minutes on the first televised interview as a candidate.

i understand, u are voting for one of the dems.

#12     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Why don't you quit assuming shit you don't really know or understand...?

#13     Mar 13, 2007
  4. i didnt know it was such an issue to say who u support. fair enough.

#14     Mar 13, 2007
  5. I did say who I would support.

The candidate who stands up and says their first act as president is going to be to reduce the power of the presidency...

So far, I don't see anyone on that list who has said that.

I don't have an issue with Paul per say, but Libertarianism is a pipe dream in America.

#15     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Don't give ceasar an inch.

Jesus

#16     Mar 13, 2007
  7. right, i thought u already had an idea about who may represent your values the most.

it's more of a pipe dream that ron will get elected but trying dont hurt.

#17     Mar 13, 2007
  8. I am not opposed to his bid, nor him personally, but I really don't see him as electable, and I don't think the Libertarian party will work functionally in America today.

It took several hundred years to get to where we are today, and where we are today is nothing like the days when the Constitution was hammered out.

The reality is, that if the states were not united by history, there would be a big problem uniting them going forward.

Change needs to be slow, not radical, and the focus needs to be placed on restoration of power back to the people, and away from corporations.

Big government is a tool of the corporations...the rise of corporations and big government have gone hand in hand...

People are apathetic in this country, because they believe they are powerless, that nothing much will change no matter who they vote for.

If someone does come along, who can truly inspire a sense of confidence in the people that their vote could make a difference, they are a shoe in.

Paul is not that guy, no one on that list is that guy, or gal...

#18     Mar 13, 2007
  9. yeah i see what u say. that doesnt mean he has to make drastic changes off the bat...he himself said it is a very complex problem and will take enormous effort and time in sorting out.

#19     Mar 13, 2007
  10. you have obviously not done your research on Ron Paul, that is exactly what he represents. and dont cop out saying one man cant change the govt.... duh. but wouldnt you rather have someone in there trying ???

#20     Mar 13, 2007