Ron Paul: Crotch Groped by TSA, Calls for Boycott of Airlines

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Nov 24, 2010.

Would you boycott the airlines?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. LeeD

LeeD

Looks like this thread was moved into "Politics and Religion" so that it no longer appears on the front page.

#21     Nov 24, 2010
  2. Most can't see it because they are still blinded by Odumbo's promise of "free ice cream"...

It's like they are saying, "you [Federal government] can have ALL of my rights, freedoms, and personal dignities... if you'll promise to give me $50/mo."

There was a time when America "talked softly, but carried a big stick".

Now all we do is bluff and carry a pink scarf. :mad: :mad:

#22     Nov 24, 2010
  3. #23     Nov 24, 2010
  4. Boycotting the airlines won't hurt anyone but the airlines and the travelers themselves. TSA are just a bunch of government slugs doing what they're told to do. They aren't the problem either. The problem is the federal government and their policy of being politically correct to the point of absolute stupidity. How do you boycott that? And please don't insult my intelligence and say voting. Your vote is as meaningless as your opinion is to these people. The Fed's will do as they please and they'll keep doing it until someone stops them, and they won't be stopped by peaceful protests. Deep down, we all know that, and more improtantly, so do they.

#24     Nov 24, 2010
  5. LeeD

LeeD

From the interview Ron Paul says: "I just do not believe that this [TSA and additional airport security] has made any of us any safer. That is what I am convinced of."

#25     Nov 24, 2010
  6. While USA is busy with TSA, big trouble has come without warning.

China, Russia quit dollar on bilateral trade

China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday in St. Petersburg.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90778/90859/7208907.html

#26     Nov 24, 2010
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

more horseshit from the internet chicken little.

this was in June 2009. similar story, zero effect.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSTmuCr.RD88

also read this editorial which sums it up nicely.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/much-ado-about-nothing-china-russia-drop-dollar-bilateral-trade

#27     Nov 24, 2010
  8. Remember the story "the boy who cried wolf". One day the wolf finally arrived and killed the boy (if I am correct).

#28     Nov 24, 2010
  9. LeeD

LeeD

The big thing here is
    If (and it is still "if") the latter part of the statement happens, that will be the largest relaxation of Chinese currncy control since when Hong_Kong residents were allowed to open accounts in Yuan earlier this year. The fact that Russia is not among largest trade partners makes it easier to happen.

As a little bit of the background. The Chinese government is very much concerned about possible loss of control over Yuan (Renminbi) exchange rate if the currency is allowd to circulate freely outside China. Currenlty, outside mainland China Yuan-denominated accounts can be freely opened only in Hong-Kong. In addition, the currnecy has limited circulation in Macau and countries of ASEAN.

If trading Yuan (and hence holding Yuan-denominated accounts) is allowed in Russia, that will be a significant step towards acceptance of Renminbi as international currency.

#29     Nov 24, 2010
  10. You have to remove the source of the problem, as you allude to. But if you feel it can't be achieved by voting and opinion, what other avenues are there? I can only think of one and it involves the right to bear arms.

#30     Nov 24, 2010