Ron Paul could beat Obama in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Exactly. Who cares about charisma? Sure, I can appreciate the aesthetic value of a candidate who is attractive and polished.
    But what about the message, the voting record, and the prescience? Isn't that more important?

Mitt Romney would go to war, but he'd have to check with his lawyers first?

Come on! Wake up people!

#41     Jun 4, 2010
  2. jem

jem

I voted for Perot and was thinking the same thing.
    These liberals are so fricken dumb they cant sincerely be lliberals who love america.

They are committed commies posing as liberals.

They want to take down the country first so they can re shape it to allow lazy losers to have a larger piece of a much smaller pie.

#42     Jun 4, 2010
  3. rew

rew

Ron Paul is a good man but he will never get the Republican nomination because the Republicans who vote in the primaries and who run the party are stupid fools who think that unending war in the Middle East is crucial for our country. They will do nothing but nominate Bush clones, year after year -- and then wonder why the Democrats keep winning.

#43     Jun 4, 2010
  4. jem

jem

Some of us let the Democrats win by not voting to see what the Dems would do...the promised to get us out of the war even before Obama -- remember?

They are worse.

#44     Jun 4, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

You hit the nail on the head, i just decided not to vote in this election, I actually bought into Obamas bullshit and thought that maybe Obama would bring something new to washington, and stop the wars, bullshit, and lies, I couldnt bring myself to vote for Mcain solely because i didnt want some asshole who wanted to continue with the wars. I was also naieve enough to believe that it would change all the racial bullshit dems come out with once the ultimate "celing" was broken. I knew his spending might be bad but i didnt know how bad, thats why i never actually brought myself to vote FOR him, but chose note to vote.

Instead what we have is racial politics on steroids by dems, insane spending, continuance of war, more lies, and essentially politics on steroids. You can bet that there is an army of people like me who are lined up and ready to vote in 2012, against almost anything that represents Obama, and what the dems have brought to the table.

While i think Ron Paul will win if he actually got the nomination i doubt it is possible for him to get the nomination, and almost none of his ideas would get through congress/senate. It is unfortunate that an honest politician like him almost incapable of being elected, you truly have to be a liar, who is willing to compromise his morals in order to get elected in this day and age. If he changed just a few minor things which he believed in that wouldnt pass through congress anyways, he would be a shoe in, but he doesnt compromise, which is something that while i have respect for him, it eliminates his possibility of being elected.

#45     Jun 4, 2010
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I held my nose and voted for McCain. I knew he would be only a little less of a disaster than Obama. Definitely the shakiest vote I have ever cast. I had the vague feeling that I'd been had.

Same thing with Arnold. I voted for the lout twice and was swindled. The people who pointed out that his wife was an ultra-liberal and would influence Arnold were right. Total unbelievable RINO. For now on I will only vote for people I believe in regardless of what it means for a given election. It might be the indepedent who has no chance etc.

#46     Jun 4, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

Atleast your vote for mcain was a vote against the current disaster we have as a president, though it is hard to say where we would be either way atleast we would not have a permanent entitlement program(healthcare) which will never end. Mcain is just as much of a liar as Obama is, as evidenced by his flip flopping on the arizona immigration to get re-relected, so who knows. It just goes to show you the sign of our times, when you have a 50/50 decision to make on which candidate is less dishonest, it really doesnt give you much of a choice at all. :(

#47     Jun 4, 2010
  8. At least McCain did something worthwhile while in military.
    The recent prez is just a career parasite .

#48     Jun 4, 2010
  9. I doubt if anyone in politics today is as big a liar as Obama.

#49     Jun 4, 2010
  10. U R delusional...

#50     Jun 4, 2010