Ron Paul breaks fundraising history!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dinoman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. When he finishes in the top three in Iowa are YOU going to be claiming voter fraud? Are you going to complain that that can't be right because "scientific" polling is so accurate?

#21     Dec 19, 2007
  2. based on how the republicans have run their straw polls the likelihood of voter fraud is extremely high. i am ready to pounce on it personally. we have to go to an honest count... not rely on republican diebold machines. they are a criminal organization and they need to be put in jail. so you better believe we will be all over it.

all i want is an honest count.... if we can fix it during the primaries then he has a very serious chance of winning next fall as an independent.

#22     Dec 19, 2007
  3. dinoman

dinoman

I won't cry fowl unless there is blatent and obvious evidence of voter fraud. Although, I trust the electronic machines for voting about as much as I trust Microsofts Windows. I have no issues with electronic voting as long as there is a confirmation receipts to go with it. I think if a simple cash register can give you a reciept they can do it with electronic voting machines.

#23     Dec 19, 2007
  4. Turok

Turok

Rat:
    >i am ready to pounce on it personally

We all can sleep peacefully, knowing that the Rat is on the case.

Thank goodness for the little things.

JB

#24     Dec 19, 2007
  5. hughb

hughb

So why are you waiting to pounce, knowing that there is voter fraud going to be committed? Shouldn't you pounce now?

#25     Dec 20, 2007
  6. Every electronic machine that I've voted on has printed an actual ticket also. I thought that was issued as a requirement in case the need for a manual recount arises.

On a different note. What is obvious evidence of voter fraud? Paul supporters have it in their heads that "legitimate" polls would have RP at 30-40%. When he only comes in at about 5-10% I'm sure many will say there is "evidence" of fraud. Then they will round up a couple people who claim people were being bussed in to offset their vote, or that Paul supporters were being intimidated and discouraged from voting. Then they will claim that he didn't do well because the biased media didn't give him as much exposure. I'm sorry, but dealing with the biased media is part of campaigning, and if he can't overcome it, then he doesn't deserve to win.

When this happens I'll be happy to recite this post. I support Ron Paul too, but unfortunately that lumps me in with a bunch of conspiracy theorist nut-cases by default. If Paul loses it will simply be due to the fact that he doesn't have mass appeal, and the vast majority of people voting don't understand his platform.

#26     Dec 20, 2007
  7. nevadan

nevadan

Best thing I seen on ET lately regarding Paul's candidacy. Unfortunately, most Americans are reluctant to do anything hard...like thinking. It is so much easier to take the pap that is fed to them. I started watching Paul about three years ago and at first I wondered "who is this nut job?". But I have read quite a bit from von Mises and Rothbard, who are his driving influence (along with Jefferson) in the meantime and understand his reasoning. I can't say I agree with everything he says but it is clear by now what we can expect from the two parties that have gotten us into the current situation. Given the choice of more of the same or a try with something new, I'm ready for a change. I have never donated to a politician or been involved in anything more than voting the general elections. I have donated and will be going to the Nevada Republican caucus next month. It's time to quit bitching and get involved. I hope others will do the same.

#27     Dec 20, 2007
  8. Turok

Turok

I'm with you. I support RP with both contribution and vote, but I'm realistic regarding his chances -- he's not going to place very high.

JB

#28     Dec 20, 2007
  9. this guy's like a kook

#29     Dec 20, 2007
  10. RP's not ALL bad. He thinks the conspiracy wacko theories are preposterous. Poor guy, trying to run a campaign and he's got all these CT morons trying to attach themselves to him in some bizarre way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tsPfuTxQyE

#30     Dec 20, 2007