ron paul believes sexual harassment should not be a crime.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Mvector

Mvector

Exactly - these issues are so easy to handle at the local level - much more efficient - without having to drag everything to federal level which is just stupid.

#21     Jan 2, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's my wife we're talking about here. I'll go see him anyway, like any decent self respecting man would. Now if he's uncooperative, for whatever reason, then I'll resort to using some of my..."tools".

#22     Jan 2, 2012
  3. I had two incidents involving my daughters,One was this 35 yo guy (she was 16). I stood in "his" line at the fast food place and when it was my turn, I mustered up my softest voice and ripped him a new asshole. Incident number two was not so easy, he was a young kid maybe 17-18 I asked for the manager and said I needed to speak to this kid, he saw me and went to the farthest corner of the kitchen, but Hey, he heard me. I just asked him to ask me if I wanted to give him a blow job. Good for a laugh. My daughter had mixed feelings, she appreciated I stuck up for her but was embarrased at the same time. Oh well.:D

On the flip side, there is quite of bit of sexual harrasment among women employee's towards each other and males.I was surprised.

#23     Jan 2, 2012
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Obviously you aren't. Jim Crow proved that individual states can't be trusted to enforce human rights. Some will do the right thing, others will do anything but. We're a nation, not just a loose collection of independent states.

OTOH I'm all for letting states secede if they want to, so long as they pay back the net gain in federal taxes they accumulated over the years (red states get more back from the US Treasury than they pay in, it's the opposite for blue states). Good riddance. :D

#24     Jan 2, 2012
  5. Mercor

Mercor

This is the old argument for Federal involvement in States issues.

There was no excuse for the implied support of the Southern Democrats Jim Crow laws.
    The Federal Courts did not do its job.
    Finally in Brown v. BOE 1954 the Supreme court made things right. It was Eisenhower who took Federal action.

There is so much legal precedence that any abuse of rights by any State would be dealt with.

It is interesting now that many Southern States have gone Republican that there is a great migration of Blacks from the corrupt urban democratic northern cites to the new Republican South.

#25     Jan 2, 2012
  6. Mercor

Mercor

I offered the following solutions
    1) work with the company to address the issue
    2) civil lawsuit
    3) criminal action if needed
    4) quit

What you propose is nothing.....

In the long run her wisest choices would be to work within the company to fix the problem or quit.

If she files a suit or reports this to the Government it will have an effect on her future career , as unfair as that might be.

#26     Jan 2, 2012
  7. What is interesting is the racist southern Democrats changed parties and became racist southern Republicans.

#27     Jan 2, 2012
  8. Mvector

Mvector

I have had to do this twice in my life for my wife - both times the issues were "permanently" resolved in a very short time - ;-)

One very good thing about the olden days, before stupid "politically correct" brainwashing, was dumb fuc** got the shit beat out of them very early in life - pain is an exceptional teacher in my opinion! ;-)

#28     Jan 2, 2012
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Is that your opinion? Or just wishful thinking?
    The DNA of the Democrats is strongly racist. There is nothing in the DNA of Republicans that is racist.
    Blacks are leaving the racist segregation, lack of police protection, lack of proper schools from the corrupt Democratic cities of the North. They are heading to the new Republican south.

WASHINGTON — The percentage of the nation’s black population living in the South has hit its highest point in half a century, according to census data released Thursday, as younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities.

The Rev. Ronald Peters, above, who moved last year from Pittsburgh to Atlanta, said the black middle class was more hopeful in the South than in the Northeast.

Both Michigan and Illinois, whose cities have rich black cultural traditions, showed an overall loss of blacks for the first time, said William Frey, the chief demographer at the Brookings Institution.

“The notion of the North and its cities as the promised land has been a powerful part of African-American life, culture and history, and now it all seems to be passing by,” said Clement Price, a professor of history at Rutgers-Newark. “The black urban experience has essentially lost its appeal with blacks in America.”

“This is the decade of black flight,” said Mr. Frey. “It’s a new age for African-Americans. It’s long overdue, but it seems to be happening.”

The Rev. Ronald Peters, who moved last year from Pittsburgh to Atlanta, said it was refreshing to be part of a hopeful black middle class that was not weighed down by the stigmas and stereotypes of the past, as he felt it was in the urban Northeast.

Increasingly blacks are moving to places with small black populations. Just 2 percent of the black population growth in the last decade occurred in counties that have traditionally been black population centers, while 20 percent has occurred in counties where only a tiny fraction of the population had been black.

Segregation declined during the decade. Among the nation’s 100 largest metro areas, 92 showed segregation declines with most of the largest occurring in growing areas in the South and West, Mr. Frey said.

Northern blacks were a big part of Southern gains. There are now more than one million black residents of the South who were born in the Northeast, a tenfold increase since 1970.

Cicely Bland, 36, a publishing company owner who left her home in Jersey City in 2006 for Stockbridge, an Atlanta suburb, said life was better because it was more affordable. Her choice was as much about cultural affinity as it was job opportunities.

“The business and political opportunities are here,” she said. “You have a lot of African-Americans with a lot of influence, and they’re in my immediate networks.”

In Atlanta, Mr. Peters, who grew up in New Orleans, viewed the changes as a source of pride for Americans, saying the South had changed a lot in his lifetime.

“One of the things that I grew up with was looking forward to the day that there would be a New South,” he said. “This is it. The New South represents a more inclusive community, what we can become as a country.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/u...homepage&src=me

#29     Jan 2, 2012

10. I don't know if you're trying to make a point or you believe this.
    Regardless you have drank too much Kool-Aid.

#30     Jan 2, 2012