Ron Paul AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tyler19, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Funny you should mention that...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1332315&highlight=galt#post1332315

#41     Nov 6, 2007
  2. Establishment politicians from both parties would rather lose to the other party than to Paul. He threatens to resurrect the constitution - something unthinkable to the many realpolitik members of congress and their lobbyist buddies.

As Paul's campaign gathers momentum concerted attacks from both parties will block his nomination.

#42     Nov 6, 2007
  3. 9999

Folks,
    as a European I don't have any say in all of this, but I wanted to show you my respect and admiration for this attitude and spirit. I truly wish my fellow citizens could learn something from this, and I hope Ron Paul gets a fair chance.
    Internet at its very best.

#43     Nov 6, 2007
  4. Casey30

Casey30

Did our fathers, grandfathers, and great fathers sacrifice, fight and die in order to give us the opportunity to vote for the "lesser of two evils?"

If you like what Ron Paul has to say versus the other candidates VOTE FOR HIM in your states primary. I am going to. If he really has no chance, and fails in the primaries, then vote for Romney or whomever in the General election since they wil be the Republican nominee and Paul most likely will have faded by then. You really have nothing to lose by voting for Paul in the primaries.

#44     Nov 6, 2007
  5. IMO, the answer is to put RP and Mitt on the same ticket. Run them together. I like RP, but only agree with about 70% of his personal views. I agree with Mitt on about 3/4 of the remaining 30%. Mitt has a better chance of being elected, but I would feel better if RP was in the picture with him.

Mitt's image is great and he's a great speaker. RP has great ideas and balances out some of Mitt's and the dem house/senate liberalism.

#45     Nov 6, 2007
  6. tyler19

tyler19

Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are excat opposites.

Mitt Romney wants to invade Iran and spread the war.

Ron Paul does not.

They would never ever ever run on the same ticket.

#46     Nov 6, 2007
  7. Some of my oil trading profits have gone to Ron Paul..love what he is doing and it felt great taking money out of that market and giving it to his campaign.

#47     Nov 6, 2007
  8. This is the probable outcome for those who settle for their own inability to defeat what is wrong in our country. Limiting beliefs definetly do one terrible act..they limit what we can achieve..don't be a victim of yourself.

#48     Nov 6, 2007
  9. chisel

chisel

I made my second donation to RP's campaign yesterday, and also bought some yard signs. (I already have a RP bumper sticker on my vehicle.)
    As for Monday's record fundraising, it seems like someone has his panties in a wad:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/06/politics/animal/main3459836.shtml

Ron Paul, Fruitcake
    By Kevin Drum

Nov 6, 2007

(Political Animal) RON PAUL, FRUITCAKE....Ron Paul raised a buttload of money yesterday. This doesn't really change anything, and everyone knows it, but I guess it's something to write about. So people are writing about it.

But look: can we stop pretending to be political infants, even if we happen to be bored this week? It's cheap and easy to take extreme, uncompromising positions when you have no actual chance of ever putting them into practice, so Paul's extreme, uncompromising positions really don't mean a thing. They don't reflect either well or badly on him. They're meaningless, and I wish grown adults who know better would stop pretending otherwise. Ditto for his "record breaking" fundraising day, which is just a function of (a) the growth of the internet as a political money machine and (b) the curious but well-known fact that technophiles are disproportionately libertarian.

But I will say this: if Ron Paul really is suddenly a "serious" candidate, then I expect him to start getting some pointed questions at the next debate. In the last Republican debate I saw, this noted truth-teller gave a strange and convoluted answer about his economic policies that the audience plainly didn't understand. Next time I expect to see some straight talk about how we should return to the gold standard and get rid of the Fed. This should be followed by a question about whether he supports the free coinage of silver at 16:1. Then some questions about the tin trust.

Seriously, folks. Can we all please grow up?

#49     Nov 6, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

The author looks like a real winner in his wikipedia picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Drum

He flunk...er changed majors from Cal Tech to journalism at CSULB and wound up a blogger for...... nothing I ever heard of... but he does op-ed pieces for liberal rags....

#50     Nov 6, 2007