Ron Paul AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tyler19, Nov 5, 2007.

1. tyler19

tyler19

Its amazing. Ron Paul just raised the most money in a single day out of any presidential republican candidate. Is it possible that he is still at 2-5% in national polls? There were over 32,000 donors today.

#21     Nov 5, 2007

2. thank you.

best wishes to you.

surf

#22     Nov 5, 2007
  3. Donated another $100 today. Something about making a whole bunch of smaller donations helps me feel better about giving away money.

I've been a die-hard supporter of RP since June/July.

#23     Nov 5, 2007
  4. That's my point. Something is wrong with this picture. Howard Dean was also an "internet" candidate, and in my opinion was also torpedoed by the media. I think the MSM is really threatened by blogs/internet to the degree that they will work against a candidate just because they have a net roots backing.
    http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul,+rudy+giuliani&ctab=0

look at this- compare google searches and news articles. Unreal.

#24     Nov 5, 2007
  5. I don't like him. Paul is being "branded" as the true Republican outsider, as Ross Perot was. But, he has serious flaws, and doesn't have a serious chance with the institutions (r and d) in control. My thought is that Mitt Romney is the Lessest of all the evils (although he is completely pro-life... but will be forced and self-conscious to shelf his extreme views), who has a realistic chance of getting the nomination.

#25     Nov 5, 2007
  6. Actually, Noam Chomsky isn't anything

#26     Nov 5, 2007
  7. tyler19

tyler19

Mitt Romney lesser of two evils?

#27     Nov 5, 2007
  8. Lesser of the evils who have a realistic chance

#28     Nov 5, 2007
  9. Brutus

Brutus

The futures markets at intrade are currently giving him a 8-9% chance of winning the nomination.

http://www.intrade.com/

#29     Nov 5, 2007
  10. tyler19

tyler19

Show me where Mitt Romney is diffrent from any of them?

Who says Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance?

#30     Nov 5, 2007