Ron P, Rick S, and Mitt R pick up 6 delegates each in Iowa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

You see, thats exactly what my problem is with him, when he says stupid shit he means it. When he rags on Ron Paul and says the reason we were attacked on 9/11 was because muslims hate our freedoms, i know that he is actually stupid enough to believe what he is saying, and thus when he says he is going to go to war with Iran, I also know 100% that he means what he says, the reason i cant stand him is because his positions on foreign policy are idiotic. He is a deeply religious, hardcore social conservative who wants to be at war all the time, which in and of itself is deeply hypocritical, he is exactly the kind of republican that I can not stand.

Now i know people are going to say Romney has said he will attack Iran also, but with Romney he will just say whatever is politically expedient at the time, and once he gets through the primary he has to worry about the rest of the country, and then it will no longer be politically expedient to go to war with Iran, so i doubt he would actually do it.

Just being honest isnt good enough, if the politician is an idiot, id rather have someone who lies through their teeth but does what i want then someone who tells me exactly what they are going to do and it is the complete opposite of what i want.

#11     Jan 4, 2012
  2. I found this article penned by his nephew very interesting:
    ----------------------------
    “If you want another big-government politician who supports the status quo to run our country, you should vote for my uncle, Rick Santorum. America is based on a strong belief in individual liberty. My uncle’s interventionist policies, both domestic and foreign, stem from his irrational fear of freedom not working,” John Garver, a student at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, writes in The Daily Caller.

“It is not the government’s job to dictate to individuals how they must live. The Constitution was designed to protect individual liberty. My Uncle Rick cannot fathom a society in which people cooperate and work with each other freely,” according to Garver, who endorsed Paul in an article published today.

“When Republicans were spending so much money under President Bush, my uncle was right there along with them as a senator. The reason we have so much debt is not only because of Democrats, but also because of big-spending Republicans like my Uncle Rick.”

Garver said he was attracted to Paul because of the inability of “status quo politicians” to recognize the importance of individual liberties.

“Unlike my uncle, he does not believe that the American people are incapable of forming decisions. He believes that an individual is more powerful than any group [a notion our founding fathers also believed in],” Garver explained to The Daily Caller, noting that he also agrees with Paul’s stance on foreign policy.

“He is the only candidate willing to bring our troops home, not only from the Middle East, but from around the world,” Garver adds.
    He ended the article by saying that Paul seems to be the only candidate who wants to win for reasons other than simply winning an election.

“This year, I’ll vote for an honest change in our government. I’ll vote for real hope. I’ll vote for a real leader. This year, I will vote for Ron Paul,” declared Garver, who loves his uncle, according to The Daily Caller.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Santorum-nephew-Garver-endorsement/2012/01/03/id/422920

#12     Jan 4, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Max, while I don't really know what Santorum's views are outside of Iran, Iran is real. It's the one area where I disagree with Paul. Unlike Iraq and Afghanistan, Iran is a game changer. I don't pretend to have the answers as to how t handle the situation, but I can assure you, if Iran gets enriched uranium, the world is going to respond. And I think they should. And part of that response will be the US. You know, most of the time I despise hearing Gingrich talk about foreign policy. But he said something last night that does deserve thought. If a terrorist is willing to walk into a building with a bomb on his chest and kill himself to kill you, why would he not use a nuclear weapon?

Now my views changed over the years regarding getting into territorial wars to control borders and over throw governments, but nuclear weapons is very different. Again, I'm not going to say I have the answers here because I don't. And I'm not suggesting the US should take any pre-emptive actions, but we need to have a serious debate on Iran in this country and Ron Paul's argument just doesn't do it for me.

I do think Santorum needs to cool it on the Muslim hate speech because Muslims are not the problem, terrorism is. But foreign policy aside, I don't think that makes someone a pos. I disagree with a lot of Bill Clinton's policies, some which were horrendous (food sanctions on Iraq), but I don't think that makes him a pos.

#13     Jan 4, 2012
  4. Mvector

Mvector

He is an AIPAC puppet boy - no thanks!

#14     Jan 4, 2012
  5. Mvector

Mvector

#15     Jan 4, 2012
  6. Mvector

Mvector

Romney Vs Paul: Experts Agree GOP Contest Now A Two Horse Race

Santorum has no campaign structure beyond Iowa

January 4, 2012

GOP insiders and political analysts agree that Rick Santorum placed all his eggs in one Iowa basket and has neither the funding nor the organisation to forge any kind of momentum beyond the Hawkeye State.

The only two candidates who have both the propulsion AND the support base to progress significantly are Mitt Romney and Congressman Ron Paul.

Despite trailing Romney by only eight votes in Iowa, Santorum has neither the money nor the staff or structure to move forward in the race.

http://www.infowars.com/romney-vs-paul-experts-agree-gop-contest-now-a-two-horse-race/

#16     Jan 4, 2012
  7. Mvector

Mvector

#17     Jan 4, 2012
  8. #18     Jan 4, 2012
  9. Newt should have pointed out If we stay out of the middle east and middle east affairs we wont have to worry about a terrorist nuking America

Middle Eastern Terrorist aren't attacking countries like Canada,China,Mexico etc because they mind thier own buisness

#19     Jan 4, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Really? I thought you and everyone else on here were saying he was going to win Iowa. Everything I heard from the Paul camp and the Paul followers is that the media was "lying" about the polling data and they were really in first even though the MSM said he was in third place this whole time. And now that he finishes third you are saying the media was right? LOL. I'm not saying you said this personally, I'll have to check. Iowa is by far Ron Paul's strongest state. We'll see how he does in NH. I believe he is trailing double digits there.

#20     Jan 4, 2012