Romney's Libya Line Fuels Foreign Policy Doubts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Sure, who wants a thinking president? How girly. What the world needs now is more knee-jerk gunslingers, especially as it gets smaller and more interconnected. It's all about the action, baby! Bull meet china shop.

#21     Sep 13, 2012
  2. When I know for a fact that someone wants to kill me, then attacks my property and kills family members, I don't need to think about what needs doing. You don't want your China shop broken, don't fuck with the bull.

#22     Sep 13, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Let's not kid ourselves. You just want to walk around with a few heads in a duffle bag so you can feel in control. Doesn't matter whose heads, really. Next time someone tries to break into your house be sure to kill the whole neighborhood. People need to learn.

#23     Sep 13, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

#24     Sep 13, 2012
  5. the last president with thinking like yours cost us 3 trillion dollars and 10 years of war and we left with that country no better off than we found it,if not worse.

do people like you ever learn?

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More
    There is no such thing as a free lunch, and there is no such thing as a free war. The Iraq adventure has seriously weakened the U.S. economy, whose woes now go far beyond loose mortgage lending. You can't spend $3 trillion -- yes, $3 trillion -- on a failed war abroad and not feel the pain at home.

Some people will scoff at that number, but we've done the math. Senior Bush administration aides certainly pooh-poohed worrisome estimates in the run-up to the war.

#25     Sep 13, 2012
  6. My line of thinking and the Bush intervention in Iraq are in no way similar. Iraq did not attack us. I'm not talking about killing people who might be the enemy. I'm talking about people who clearly are the enemy as demonstrated by their actions, not their words. Every single one of those people scaling that Embassy wall are radical Islamists and need to be dealt with accordingly.
    BTW, your dem buddies in congress voted for that war and did it while looking at the same bullshit intel Bush was looking at.

#26     Sep 13, 2012
  7. It doesn't have to be the same type of war. I don't know why all this destroy & rebuild nonsense is sop now but it should be destroy & come home. Also the wars and their cost are NOT what 'weakened' the US economy, and they are not what is hurting it now, sorry.

Oh and btw I'm not advocating war.. but justice. If these govts won't do anything about the attacks then we HAVE to.

#27     Sep 13, 2012
  8. + 1 a conveniently forgotten FACT. But remember Bush LIED!!

#28     Sep 13, 2012
  9. Team Obama trying to blame this whole thing on the movie. This is foreign policy expertise? Let's not do anything that might offend our, how does Obama put it, they're neither enemy or ally. WTF? On one hand they say the attack in Libya was a well coordinated effort by radical Islamists, but everything else is movie driven. Bullshit!
    One more thing. The whole movie protest is oozing with irony. The "peaceful and non-violent" Islamists are unhappy with a movie which shows them to be crazy and violent. Their reaction? Get crazy and violent.
    http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-calls-anti-islam-video-disgusting-143752067.html

More. Why would the US Law enforcement need to identify a guy who made a comic moive about a religion? Tells us who Team Obama thinks the enemy really is.
    http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-us-identifies-anti-muslim-filmmaker-144325233.html

#29     Sep 13, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Just curious, but what foreign policy experience did Obama have before he was elected President, and how big of an issue was it in electing him?

McCain, as I recall, had all the FPE, but that didn't exactly help him.

How will I be worse off electing Mitt Romney who has at least what Obama had when he was elected, and possibly more. And certainly a HELL of a lot more business experience.

#30     Sep 13, 2012