Romney's fundraisers are quietly amassing millions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Epic

Epic

Yep, it will end up probably at about 3:1 because Obama will likely get to about $750MM.

The ratio would be even higher if there was an accurate way to account for all the "free stuff" that the Obama campaign gets. Not that I fault Obama for that. It is just an advantage for the incumbent.

#11     Mar 27, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've never contributed at the Presidential level but I will this summer. I'll bet many other middle class people do as well.

Romney doesn't need to negative campaign, he can state the truth of what has occurred: Foreign Policy Buffoonery, Broken Promise to End the Wars, Broken Promise to Close Gitmo, Broken Promise to End Torture, Failed Economic Policy, Racially Biased Department of Justice, Blantantly Criminal Export of Assault Weapons to Drug Cartels, Intentional Division of the Country, Class Warfare, Failed Energy Policy, Increased Fuel Prices....

The truth will be sufficient.

Many idiots will vote again for Obama but they're going to have to get used to the idea that it will be an awfully long time before a Marxist-Leftist Radical is elected again in this country, probably generations.

#12     Mar 27, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Yes, best to vent your hubris now while you still can before November

#13     Mar 27, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Nobody here cares what you say Faghag. Your credibility is zero, zip, zilch, nada. Piss off back to Canada and worry about your own politics you freak.

#14     Mar 27, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

#15     Mar 27, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

Super PAC are going to have a huge amount of influence though. I think Romney has a big advantage there. Obama has a small donor advantage, although it is nothing like it was in 2008. There is only one first time for anything, and then many of the activist small donors dry up.

It has been suggested that there is around $300MM already raised and waiting for the eventual GOP nominee. But many of the big hitters on the Dem side have suggested that they won't be looking to donate to Obama Super PACs this time around, including Lewis and Soros, who have both indicated that they won't be donating much to the Obama effort. I'm wondering if that isn't in part a result of Obama harshly condemning large donors during the last race. He had a huge small donation advantage, so he chose to criticize his rivals for accepting large donations, suggesting that there shouldn't be any room for big money donors in politics. This time around he is having a much harder time raising small donations, so he is actively targeting the big money. But many of them say they are more committed to funding the progressive agenda than the Obama re-election.

#16     Mar 27, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Horses brASS is obviously an angry lonely little man leading an utterly miserable pathetic existence.

#17     Mar 27, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

+1 :D

#18     Mar 27, 2012
  9. it has more to do with the fact that obama has demonstrated that he is really closer to a moderate republican than a democrat.

#19     Mar 27, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

And yet you vehemently support BO anyway.

#20     Mar 27, 2012