Romney Won

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 17, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I don't think anybody thinks of Obama as the 'poor black guy.' I think most are coming around to believing Lucrum's title for him 'liar in chief.'

#11     Oct 17, 2012
  2. Good description of Romney

#12     Oct 17, 2012
  3. That's because Obama was a clear loser in the first debate and Romney held his own in the second. Obama did better in the second debate making him seem stronger, while Romney pretty much was still on his game from the first debate. Keen political observers like myself pick up on this kind of stuff.:eek: while rubes like you think Obama won.:D

#13     Oct 17, 2012
  4. Regardless of who wins they ought to give all these brainwashed righties the option to get a voucher for medicare when they get that age. I'm sure they want to have slick talking insurance salesmen calling every year to sell them insurance when they're in their 70's and 80's. In fact it ought to be mandatory, vote republican you are removed from the medicare list and you get your voucher along with a list from the phone book of insurance salesmen, good luck grandpa.

#14     Oct 17, 2012
  5. we got a taste of what the voucher program would be like with medicare part d. the bush administration designed it to go through private insurance companies. there are 20 different plans to sign up for and all of them try to screw you in some way.
    there is no way seniors can figure out what is best on their own. it was a giant mess and still is every year for that one month when they allow you to change the plan.

#15     Oct 17, 2012
  6. I said in the OP that it was a tie or slight Obama win on technical points, but the moderator's incompetence badly tarnished any victory for obama.

Of course, likely Obama voters are happy, but they are not the target. The undecideds saw a Romney who looked more presidential than the president. They saw an obama who never answered a question directly, ie is it the Energy's secretary job to keep gas prices down? Who decided not to give Benghazi additional security?

Interestingly, women seemed very turned off by the macho posturing of both men. They seem to largely blame Romney for that, which I would agree with. I am curious how that dynamic plays out, since women also seem to gravitate to the more masculine candidate and the one they can either imagine having sex with or at least protecting them.

#16     Oct 17, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

BTW, they just did a fact check on Romney's comment that oil and gas production are down on Gov. lands and permits have been halfed. In both cases Romney was correct and Obama kept lying about it.

#17     Oct 17, 2012