Romney Wins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who gives a shit? I'm being serious. I marginalize Paul all the time. Hell, you think the media doesn't marginalize Palin or Bachmann or Donald Trump.

Hell we marginalize our own sitting Presidents. We have people in the media openly accusing our President of not actually being a citizen of the US. We had media openly calling George Bush a war criminal. Look, you seem like a very overly sensitive guy. Paul has his fans in the media and his detractors, all candidates do.

Anyone who runs for public office is going to get all sorts of shit thrown at them. And no, the process isn't fair and it doesn't have to be fair. Life isn't fair. Trading isn't fair. Relationships aren't fair. Deal with it. I hear this bickering all the time. Look, Ron Paul is on TV as much if not more then any other politician. The guy gets a lot of air time. He runs about 50 blogs, he is on 30 different radio shows. This isn't Stalin's Russia. We are not locking him in the Gulag.

You seem (and don't take offense to this) like a Paul fanatic. In the same vein that there are Sarah Palin fanatics out there. Who call in and complain anytime anyone says one mean thing about her. You have to grow some thick skin. I refuse to feel sorry for Ron Paul or Trump or Palin or anyone that is bitching about not getting a fair shake. I can google Ron Paul right now and get 100k links in a second. There is no oppression of information. It's all out there.

You just are not doing a very good job of convincing me of anything. My mother grew up in Nazi Germany. You know what they did to people that even whispered something bad about the Nazi's? They came to get them in the middle of the night. They were never seen or heard from ever again. So with that in my background, I'm having a really hard time shedding a tear for Paul because someone at Fox news doesn't like him or you think he got asked too few questions.

We give our candidates more free speech in this country then any other place in the world. Our speech is so free that we can openly accuse our sitting Presidents of treason and of not even being a citizen. We are at the water's edge my friend. We can't go any further.

#31     Sep 23, 2011
  2. jem

jem

gary johnson won on ideas.

balance budget... eliminate crazy tax code
    fair tax or consumption tax.

it would create millions of job.

#32     Sep 23, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

With Both Gary and Ron being libertarians, just between them I think Gary did better in the debate then Paul. The consumption tax is a great idea. Where are all the "the media doesn't like Gary Johnson" folks at?

#33     Sep 23, 2011
  4. So we agree he is being marginalized by the media. Progress. As to who cares....at least 13% of the GOP, as evidenced by Ron Paul's poll numbers, not to mention the rest who believe in a fair election process where the media is not some unelected body wielding a ridiculous amount of power over the process. That's who cares. Also, neither Palin nor Trump are vying for the Republican nomination. And when I say marginalize, I mean ignore. Bachmann is hardly being ignored.

George Bush is a war criminal. So is Obama. Saying that is not the same as the media ignoring a candidate's surging poll numbers because they are trying to protect a corrupt establishment.

Which is why I think I'd rather work to change the system, rather than just meekly accept it. Also, no it is not Stalin's Russia...our gulag is in GITMO and we outsource our torture.

Different vein actually. Sarah Palin is a walking reality tv show. Ron Paul is a statesman who follows his oath of office (and never quit midterm). Also, I take no offense to your insinuation. I'm proud to say I back someone who's word I can trust. Can you say the same?

Like most Americans I was pretty much disgusted with our corrupt political process. I never would have imagined that there was actually an honest politician who stuck to his oath of office. I mean, what a concept right?

I am simply highlighting the disparity of talk time at our last debate and proving that there is an open conspiracy to marginalize Ron Paul. BTW, I did notice how you just sidestepped the links I provided.

Ok you lost me with the water's edge comment.

#34     Sep 23, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm done with you. Have a good weekend. I refuse to carry on a debate about air time and get into conspiracy talk. I suspect you will vote on election day and perhaps on the side you partake in political activism. That's a good thing. I've learned to cut the debate short with fanatics. Well, maybe I haven't as evidenced by today. There is nothing wrong with being a fanatic and I'm not trying to "marginalize" you by calling you that, but it is what it is. Some of us have our own lives to live.

You know, I use to a member of Ron Paul meetup groups and I'm on pretty much all of his mailing lists. Yeah, I get about 50 a day. Over the last few years I realized I have nothing in common with these people. Not because I don't agree with them. But because they are fanatics. They are intolerable to be around. So please excuse me from the rest of this conversation. Perhaps someone else will join in and continue this. Again, good luck.

#35     Sep 23, 2011
  6. Enjoy your weekend and be safe.

#36     Sep 23, 2011
  7. LOL ? Cain's plan 9-9-9 is so far the best out there and the man seems to be the honest guy compared to clowns like Perry,Huntsman Gingrich kind.
    if Romney makes Cain his VP he will win .I am not sure that Romney handlers will allow that though .

#37     Sep 23, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What is the 9 9 9 plan?

#38     Sep 23, 2011