romney Vote With Us, Or You're Fired

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 4, 2012.

1. join the union or quit. No coercion there. (sarcasm)

#11     Nov 4, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It's actually join the union or you don't get the job in the first place.

#12     Nov 4, 2012
  3. Im not surprised you see nothing wrong with it. What you also don't see as wrong is that when they come into power, the first ass they will kick will be yours, despite voting for them.

#13     Nov 4, 2012
  4. Me too, if the John Galt's of the US retired, everybody would become equal faster.

#14     Nov 4, 2012
  5. Pray tell,how they plan to kick MY ass?

#15     Nov 4, 2012
  6. And when they shove their foot up his ass, they'll say, "This is from Obama!" And he'll buy it.

#16     Nov 4, 2012
  7. I'm still waiting for either one of you to detail how the romney admin intends to harm me?

#17     Nov 4, 2012
  8. be patient, he didnt win yet.

#18     Nov 4, 2012
  9. stoic

stoic

I see.... so it's wrong for employers to tell their workers the facts (as they see it) about economic conditions and state that if continued their jobs may be in jeopardy.

But it's Ok if your forced to join the union as a condition of employment, forced to pay union dues through payroll deductions. Dues that may be contributed to campaigns and candidates that you oppose.

As for your arguments:
    1) Your vote is still secret.

Yes. I would hope that everyone's vote is secret. And that it stays that way.

2) Your union can't fire or lay you off, in fact your union typically opposes those.

This one is almost too silly to address. Belonging to a union does not guarantee you can't be fired or laid off. Just look to the rust belt. Or just ask the members of the "United Rubber, Cork, Linoleum, Plastic Workers of America. Local 184" AFL/CIO

3) Yes, your union can make your work life "difficult", but then so can management.

And what's this....? Is the union making your life difficult because you voted conservative..... is management making it difficult because one voted liberal. I thought your vote was secret??

4) You're still free to go to a non-union shop, if you're willing to accept the lower pay.

I'm sure there are people out there that wish that was always a choice. Wages are generally higher in Right to Work States. Non-union does not always = low pay.

5) Get yourself into management.

Ok... I hope everyone got that...... Monday morning I want each and every one of you to march up to your boss and demand that you be promoted to management because you no longer want part of your union dues going to this or that candidate.

So you say "work else ware...... maybe take lower pay", If you don't like being forced to pay dues to the party you can lump-it or go into management. Telling you employees that your being driven out of business by regulations and taxes is wrong. Forcing employees to contribute to "The Party" is ok.... Thus another hypocrisy of the liberal.

#19     Nov 4, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

1) Agreed.
    2) I didn't say that, I said the union can't fire you.
    3) If they think they know, or you give them reason.
    4) Oh, really?
    5) Yes, it is implausible, isn't it?

#20     Nov 4, 2012