Romney tax returns have 55 pages of foreign entities to park money offshore.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Politics is mostly a personality contest. Romney has zero charm, charisma or personality. If he did, all his "sins" would be forgiven.

#11     Jul 3, 2012
  2. jem

jem

it was, probably more so. Communities in the big cities were densely packed and they were clearly separated by ethnicity, color and religion.

#12     Jul 3, 2012
  3. jem

jem

Kennedy would not be considered a Democrat today. The more I read about him the more I like him. Its Tedddy who tarnished their name.

JFK said get off your asses and get to work.
    Ask not...

from his inaugural...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaugural_address_of_John_F._Kennedy

notable passages...

"...the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God."
    "Let the word go forth.....that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans."
    "Let every nation know... that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
    "The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life."
    "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."
    "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"
    "For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed."
    "All this will not be finished in the first 100 days. Nor will it be finished in the first 1,000 days, nor in the life of this Administration, nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet. But let us begin."
    "...let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own."

#13     Jul 3, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Good point. Not sure Romney with charisma would get a free pass, though, times are tough, people are looking closely, else why the growing dissatisfaction with Obama?

#14     Jul 3, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

That's segregation, not stratification.

#15     Jul 3, 2012
  6. jem

jem

its both.

#16     Jul 3, 2012
  7. I'm not sure there's a significant growing dissatisfaction with Obama. My perception is that if the election were held today, Obama would get pretty much the same votes he got in 2008.

My best guess is that not much is going to change: Obama will be re-elected President, Republicans will control the House, and the Senate will continue to be divided with neither party holding a filibuster-proof majority.

The only way to unseat an incumbent President is with a dynamic, charming and charismatic candidate. Romney is smart, but he comes across as very distant. I don't think that's because of his money, but rather because of his personality. Kennedy was born into more privilege and was probably wealthier than Romney, but Kennedy had an outgoing and engaging personality. He liked being the center of attention. Romney is completely uncomfortable in that role and it shows every time he attempts to engage with the public.

#17     Jul 3, 2012
  8. Jem . . . . this is not about Kennedy.

#18     Jul 3, 2012
  9. jem

jem

I was letting Ricter know dems once asked people what they could do for their country; Now they promise them free ice cream, food stamps and wealth transfer.

#19     Jul 3, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

#20     Jul 3, 2012