Romney Spokesman Tells Reporters 'Kiss My ass ' at Polish Holy Site

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 31, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-s...polish-holy-110442318--abc-news-politics.html

Romney Spokesman Tells Reporters 'Kiss My ***' at Polish Holy Site

WARSAW, Poland - A Mitt Romney spokesman reprimanded reporters traveling with the candidate on his six-day foreign trip, telling them to "kiss my a**" after they shouted questions from behind a rope line.

As Romney left the site of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw and walked toward his motorcade parked in Pilsudski Square, reporters began shouting questions from the line where campaign staffers had told them to stay behind, prompting traveling press secretary Rick Gorka to tell a group of reporters to "kiss my a**" and "shove it."

He later apologized.

As Romney wrapped up his visit to the historical site, a CNN reporter had yelled, "Governor Romney, are you concerned about some of the mishaps of your trip."

"Governor Romney, do you have a statement for the Palestinians?" a New York Times reporter shouted.

"What about your gaffes?" yelled a Washington Post reporter, referring to a number of missteps the candidate has made during his trip, including one in which he said there were some "disconcerting" developments leading up to the London Olympics, drawing the ire of the British media, and another suggesting that culture was to blame for the difference in economic success between Israelis and Palestinians.

The Romney campaign has called the reports on the candidate's remarks about Palestinians a "gross mischaracterization."

Gorka told reporters answering questions to "show some respect."

"This is a holy site for the Polish people," he added.

"We haven't had another chance to ask a question," one reporter noted to Gorka.

Gorka told another journalist to "shove it."

2. Romneys international trip turned out to be a huge success...for Obama LOL !!! :D

3. Most of these "reporters" belong over at TMZ. They deserve whatever foul treatment they get. Anyone who tells them to shove it in Ace's in my book.

4. Let us both hope Romneys campaign continue this behavior :)

5. Ricter

Ricter

Yep. Their man is stressing them out.

6. Yannis

Yannis

On trip abroad, Romney turns Obama gaffes to his advantage
    by Marc A. Thiessen, The Washington Post, July 30, 2012

The press had a field day with Mitt Romney’s Olympic gaffe in London. But the real story of Romney’s foreign trip is how the GOP candidate is deftly exploiting a string of foreign policy gaffes by President Obama that have damaged relations with two key U.S. allies — Israel and Poland.

"But the real story of Romney’s foreign trip is how the GOP candidate is deftly exploiting a string of foreign policy gaffes by President Obama that have damaged relations with two key U.S. allies — Israel and Poland." -Marc A. ThiessenGaffe 1: President Obama failed to warn Israeli officials before declaring last year, over the objections of senior advisers, that “the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps.” Worse, Obama’s speech was specifically timed by the White House to preempt an address by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Congress. In other words, it was a premediated decision to publicly stick it to Netanyahu. The gaffe caused an uproar in Israel and prompted a terse exchange in the Oval Office the next day, where Netanyahu — with Obama glaring beside him — explained that the 1967 borders were “indefensible.”

Gaffe 2: President Obama and then-French President Nicholas Sarkozy were overheard trash-talking Netanyahu at the G-20 summit in Cannes. Unaware reporters were listening, Sarkozy reportedly told Obama, “Netanyahu, I can’t stand him. He’s a liar,” to which Obama reportedly replied, “You are sick of him, but I have to work with him every day.” It has long been an open secret that Obama loathes Netanyahu, but Obama inadvertently confirmed it.

Gaffe 3: President Obama chose Sept. 17, 2009 — the 70th anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Poland — to tell Poland that he was caving in to Russian demands and abandoning their missile defense agreement. In 2008, Poland agreed to host U.S. missile defense interceptors designed to protect against the long-range threat from Iran and other rogue states. Russia threatened to target Poland with nuclear weapons if it cooperated with the American plan. But the Poles went ahead despite the threats — only to see Obama throw them under the bus to curry favor with Moscow.

Gaffe 4: The one fig leaf in Obama’s missile defense decision was his promise that he would deploy some form of European anti-missile shield in the future, possibly in Poland. But in March, Obama was once again overheard by reporters, this time telling then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that “On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him [then-Russian Prime Minister Vladi_mir Putin] to give me space.. . . This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.” Medvedev famously replied “I will transmit this to Vladimir.” After being betrayed in Obama’s first term, the Poles were left wondering how he might betray them with the added “flexibility” of a second term.

Gaffe 5: In a speech honoring Polish World War II resistance hero Jan Karski, President Obama referred to Karski’s having visited a “Polish death camp.” There were no “Polish death camps.” There were “Nazi death camps” on the occupied Polish soil. Big difference. The gaffe caused a major diplomatic row with Poland, with Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski blasting the White House’s “ignorance and incompetence.” Obama eventually had to write a letter of apology. Taken in isolation, perhaps the reaction from Warsaw would have been less severe. But in light of the missile defense betrayal and other slights (such as Obama’s decision to go golfing the day of Polish President Lech Kaczynski’s funeral), it caused severe damage to Polish-American relations.

On his trip this week, Romney is quietly highlighting these Obama gaffes by showing how his administration would be different. In Poland, Romney is signaling that while Obama may have sacrificed Poland on the altar of his “reset” policy with Russia, as president, Romney will pursue a “reset” policy, not with Russia but with Poland and the United States’s other central European allies. It is a message that will resonate from Warsaw to Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio — swing-states with large Polish-American populations.

In Israel, Romney signaled that the days of trash-talking and back-stabbing Israeli leaders will end if he becomes president. Obama’s gaffes at Israel’s expense have helped cement the impression that, as one former Palestinian official recently told The Post, Obama has shown “a complete lack of an emotion-based relationship with Israel.” Indeed, when Obama met with Jewish leaders at the White House recently and was told that was told he was not being “evenhanded,” he admitted: “You are absolutely right and we are going to fix that … the sense of evenhandedness has to be restored.” Romney’s unspoken message this week is that if Israel’s supporters back home want “evenhandedness,” the best way to get it is to replace Obama in the White House. It is a message that will resonate with Jewish voters (whose support for Obama has dropped 10 points since 2008) and pro-Israel evangelicals in the United States.

No doubt Romney’s foreign trip got off to a difficult start in London. But in the annals of gaffes, which is worse: One slip of the tongue suggesting London might not be ready for the Olympics or five major gaffes that have severely undermined this country’s relations with two of its most important allies?

7. Crispy

Crispy

Corporate raider, numerous offshore accounts, zero personality and offensive behavior are all very favorable attributes of a presidential candidate.

8. Ricter

Ricter

(Weren't you calling The Washington Post a leftist rag not long ago?)

Anyway, these gaffes, they're old, obscure, forgotten. Romney is news today.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Funny i dont seem to recall reporters swarming Obama when he made all his gaffes......

10. As Romney heads to Israel, new poll shows Jewish Americans favor Obama

Posted by
    CNN's Dana Davidsen

(CNN) – On the eve of Mitt Romney's overseas visit to Israel, a new poll released Friday indicates Jewish Americans favor the president over Mitt Romney by a solid margin.

According to the Gallup survey, 68% of Jewish Americans back President Barack Obama, while 25% support the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

The numbers follow what some have called a politically timed signing of the U.S.-Israeli security act by the president declaring support for the country before Romney's visit to the Jewish state. Obama signed the bill passed by Congress pledging $70 million to increase U.S. security ties with Israel.

Romney's visit to Israel is part of a three-country foreign policy swing that will take the former Massachusetts governor from London to Tel Aviv on Saturday, then to Poland next week. The Republican candidate is expected to promote a strong alliance between Israel and the United States while meeting with top Israeli officials.

#10     Jul 31, 2012