Romney Slams GOP Leaders - Including His Own VP Nominee - for 2011 Budget Deal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 9, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/romney-slams-...-vp-nominee-234717289--abc-news-politics.html

Romney Slams GOP Leaders - Including His Own VP Nominee - for 2011 Budget Deal

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., as chair of the House Budget Committee, was part of the team that signed off on the budget deal with the White House, mandating immediate spending cuts, creating a "Super-committee" tasked to finding $1.5 trillion in further deficit rediction, and raising a self-imposed sword of Damocles - $1.2 trillion in cuts to the Pentagon and domestic spending that few in Congress wanted - if the Super-committee failed.

Writing at the National Review Online at the time, Ryan said the bill was a "reasonable, responsible effort to cut government spending, avoid a default, and help create a better environment for job creation."

But today Mitt Romney said Ryan, the man he picked as his running mate on the Republican presidential ticket, and other House GOP leaders made a "big mistake" in agreeing to that deal, which was part of the summer 2011 negotiations over raising the debt ceiling.

Romney said the $1.2 in mandated cuts was "an extraordinary miscalculation in the wrong direction."

"Republican leaders agreed to that deal to the extend the debt ceiling," NBC's David Gregory reminded Romney.

"And that's a big mistake," Romney said. "I thought it was a mistake on the part of the White House to propose it. I think it was a mistake for Republicans to go along with it."

- Jake Tapper

2. Mittens did not pick Ryan. Mittens was told Ryan would be the Veep candidate. And, now, after hearing Joe, I think Joe will be ready for Ryan.

3. I was worried about Joe vs Ryan myself but I am starting to think Joe will do well.Joe has a lot to work with with Ryans lies , voting record and vouchercare

I think Obama will do very well against Romney

4. Brass

Brass

Precisely.

5. The debates are for modestly stupid people who don't have a clue what's going on in the first place.

6. The ignorant masses will have to rely on the PAC ad's.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh brother.

8. Ah, I see, already making excuses for losing the debates to the Stupid President. Pretty bad there PT, giving up already. Of course none of know what Mitt thinks, neither does Mitt. He has to be told what to think, anything to win, no matter how incorrect or foolish.

Yeah, those who don't have a clue want to see the next leader of the Free world debate, nice joke. It's the few who haven't locked in their biases that might actually learn something.

9. IOW: You didn't grasp my post.:cool:

not my problem