Romney, Ryan Refuse To Identify(any) Tax Loopholes They’d Close

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I gave a link, did you bother reading it?

#21     Sep 11, 2012
  2. The Buy vs. Rent debate has been going on forever. And, it goes in cycles. Many times over the last 40 years it made more sense to rent a nicer, bigger house for less money that would be wasted on interest payments. I always laughed when people would say Rent is wasted, and then they pay 90% of their house payments to interest.

However, when you can finally pay cash for houses, then it generally makes more sense. You can then rent them out, get about 10-14% return these days anyway. Seems to make economic sense. Some, can even do well by putting down 30% or so with these low interest rates, still rent them out. I'm being courted here in Amsterdam and Denmark to invest in a similar venture, more commercial, but same idea. Can't get any return from the bank.

#22     Sep 11, 2012
  3. Here's what we know for sure.
    1.Neither candidate will be specific when it comes to money. 2.Whatever tax plan the criminals in congress finally do put forth will be of no benefit to the average American.
    3. Four years from now they'll still be blaming each other.

#23     Sep 11, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

That sums it up pretty well.

#24     Sep 11, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

Really? That's your go-to argument? "Why should renters subsidize those that buy?" Fair enough. How about Why should the relatively struggling middle class subsidize further tax cuts for the rich? I understand your point, but your argument is poorly chosen. As for the "American Dream," I didn't conceive it, I merely referred to it as it is generally understood. Also, don't overlook the economic impact of a population that gears towards home ownership. It creates need for more homes to be built, which has a favorable ripple effect on the overall economy, more so than renters can offer. Believe me, I have nothing against renters, and I can appreciate the relatively freer lifestyle. I'm just stating facts.

#25     Sep 11, 2012
  6. #26     Sep 11, 2012
  7. Here is the thing. The REAL conservatives think they can win an argument about Obama and his agenda. But their party took the social route instead of the fiscal route. Now, when you see rallies, you have a problem with the background audience. This rendition of the GOP has lost 80 plus percent of the nation.

Now Christie is seeking to repair this. He knows this is not viable, hence the bi-partisan talk from him. Christie will bring the GOP back from the brink, if he can put Hillary down.

#27     Sep 11, 2012
  8. Hillary, Hillary, Hillary. That would be a good race between her an Christie. Probably several Pay Per View videos. However, I don't think Hillary will be rested enough to run again. Poor old girl is getting pretty old.

Oh, and yes, I do have some REAL conservative friends who are ok, not great, but ok with most social issues. They're not neocons nor teapartyers, and we can and do have good fiscal discussions. Even Luke said he could care less about abortions.

#28     Sep 11, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

If she doesn't have a role during Obama's second term, then she'll have four years of R&R. I'd love to see her run in 2016. All in, she'll have some serious credentials.

#29     Sep 11, 2012
  10. Hillary won't run. She's going to be 65 next month. Pushing 70 by next election. The visuals won't work. I'm not saying it's right, but we all know looks count. Going to take lot's of surgery to pull that off. I don't see it happening.
    My take. Obama wins and has a repub congress to deal with. Country goes to hell and like the end of GW's term it will be impossible for his party to get another person elected. Repubs run a Latino and viva la raza, we're off and running to who knows what.

#30     Sep 11, 2012