Romney/Ryan on "60 Minutes" tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 12, 2012.

1. People do have the benefits of a corporation: it's called sole -proprietor.

nobody OWES you anything, jack-off.

#31     Aug 13, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

LOL

#33     Aug 13, 2012
  3. So a person acting as a sole proprietorship has the same benefits as a corporation? You might want to look that up.

#34     Aug 13, 2012
  4. Yannis

Yannis

From what I know and like/agree with, no serious conservative wants just a blind cut in taxes below the already established levels (that include the cuts of 10 years ago.) What the country needs, imo and the opinion of many others, is a smarter tax framework: simplify/flatten taxation overall, cut loopholes and exemptions and lower marginal rates, capital gains tax, and corporate rates to make us competitive globally, especially in the capital repatriation tax area. Most important: make these changes revenue neutral as they are meant to improve the economy and not to put a few extra $$ in anyone's pocket.

My favorite: make sure everyone pays some income tax so they have skin in the game, no free-loaders, except in extreme cases. Workfare and not welfare is in this category too.

My other favorite: any politician who utters the words "fair share" will be taxed double for the following year. Fair would have been if each American paid the same amount every year... or even the same percentage... To make the system work, we're way past that point, and "fair" has become whatever every hypocritical demagogue wants it to mean year after year, a signal like "vote for me and let's go get THEIR money!"

#35     Aug 13, 2012
  5. =============
    1st]Good points.:cool: Gov Romney introduced Rep Ryan as ''the next president'':D Funny but maybe prophetic.[Not a prediction,LOL]

Actually President Ryan's plan [or VP Ryan] calls for @ 10% federal tax rateon first $100, 000;
    then 25% 0n rest. Real estate mortgage deduction, Church/charity, those maybe impossible to get rid of:cool:

MRC has already busted some media for pretending Rep Ryan dosen't have enough private sector experience, as if Chicago community orgs have anything to do with private sector experience.

No one ever claimed David Barton or Rep Ryan is infallible;
    Rep Ryan voted for GM bail out..................:cool:

#36     Aug 13, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

I really don't see why not... especially the mortgage deduction. So, give them a timeframe to phase out (no surprises) and get that one off the books. It clearly tends to favor the wealthier among us, and encourages people to buy more house than they can afford, etc.

The charity deduction is a bit trickier, but, fundamentally, I don't see the problem: You want to contribute? Contribute. That's all, leave the government out of it, it's as simple as that. Charities will initially get a hit from the deduction thing, but also a boost as people's available income after tax will look bigger.

So, imo, get them all out, make the tax system as flat and simple as possible. Then, assign the IRS excess personnel to TSA, as they are already experts at patdowns :D

#37     Aug 13, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is very disappointing if true.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/...offense-on-medicare-in-60-minutes-appearance/

I have been an avid "60 Minutes" viewer my entire life and consider them to be a "fair" program when it comes to politics. But this is very disappointing to me.

This is the part that readers claim was edited out of the broadcast, which if true would be journalistic malpractice:

Ryan added, “My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida. Our point is we need to preserve their benefits, because government made promises to them that they’ve organized their retirements around. In order to make sure we can do that, you must reform it for those of us who are younger. And we think these reforms are good reforms. That have bipartisan origins. They started from the Clinton commission in the late ’90s.”

#38     Aug 13, 2012
  8. I saw this clip on WGN news today during our lunch break. It's obvious they, 60 minutes, thought it would make Ryan look to human. The radical left knows he's a COLD BLOODED MONSTER, so we can't have him showing any kind of concern or compassion, now can we.

#39     Aug 13, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I expect that from MSNBC but not from "60 Minutes". I can't believe they would tarnish their reputation like that.

#40     Aug 13, 2012