Romney/Ryan on "60 Minutes" tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I don't need more cash [to start hiring again] I need more sales. That means if anyone needs a tax cut it's the consumer.

#11     Aug 13, 2012
  2. Consumers need a job a hell of a lot more than they need what amounts to pocket change in a tax break. My point is to incentivize hiring through tax breaks for those companies that do hire, but you already knew that. I'm all for rewarding companies that hire and punishing the shit out of those that grow profits solely through downsizing. Any company showing profits while laying people off should be taxed into extinction.

#12     Aug 13, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I agree completely, which is why I said "if anyone needs a tax cut"... meaning if all we're going to do is cut taxes, cut them where they'll be most effective.

Seriously, if all that occurs is that my business gets a tax cut when I hire, I'm still not going to start hiring.

Won't comment on your latter comment, too radical! : )

#13     Aug 13, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Companies aren't generally started to create jobs. They're started to create profits.

#14     Aug 13, 2012
  5. Fine. Then they pay the appropriate tax. I'm just saying that if a company wants a tax break they need to hire. You don't get a tax break just because you don't like paying the going rate. I don't like writing a check on April 15th either, so where's my tax break?

#15     Aug 13, 2012
  6. Arnie

Arnie

I'm sure your intentions are good, but this is a perfect example of good intentions paving the road to Hell. Think about it. The last thing any market needs is a tax policy that distorts supply and demand. Why not go a step further and outlaw layoffs? Makes as much sense. The more the govt takes in taxes, the less there is in the market to create goods and services.

#16     Aug 13, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, most companies are small companies and they are started to create jobs, one job to be exact. And in a formal sense of the word, profit is not necessary, only receipts enough to cover the costs of production and overhead, and the owner's wage.

#17     Aug 13, 2012
  8. that's stupid, make it ultra complicated and encourage faux hiring.

:D

#18     Aug 13, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

No opposition from me I hate corporate welfare
    I'd like to see the fed out of the picture. A simple tax code with no loopholes. I don't like the idea of an out of touch behemoth incompetent bureaucracy trying to micromanage entities they know nothing about through arcane tax codes.
    Have you hired someone recently? :)

#19     Aug 13, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do you normally respond to those of us on your ignore list?

#20     Aug 13, 2012