Romney/Ryan on "60 Minutes" tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

That interview was pretty bland. I seem to recall the last interview Obama did with "60 Minutes" lasted the whole hour.

3. I thought the interview started out pretty slow, but Ryan looked like he's chomping at the bit to get out there. Looks like it's going to be a hell of a fight. I like that, and I think the nation needs it.

4. JamesL

JamesL

Yes, he is an energetic and very articulate person who would undoubtedly be able to deliver his message without referencing Russian and his front porch, which is a welcome change, but Ryan is not running against Obama, Romney is. I believe we have the classic case of the number 2 outshining the number 1.

5. ha ha good joke sir

6. Brass

Brass

"Cut taxes for the rich and place the burden squarely on everyone else to make up for the resulting increase in revenue shorftall, all the while praying for trickle down to finally work." How long does such a segment really need to be?

7. there's no such thing as taxing a country to wealth.

8. Yannis

Yannis

Cut taxes for the job creators to match the levels of our global competitors and restrict the size and role of government so that the private sector can push this economy to new heights. In particular, reduce mindless, vote-buying federal spending, reform entitlements so that our children can have them too, and confront the ginormous power and abusive tactics of public employee unions that are sucking the blood out of the middle class.

9. Brass

Brass

Because it worked soooo well for Bush?

10. Tax breaks/incentives need to be directly tied to hiring new employees. Those companies that hire get tax cuts. Those that don't, don't. Hire first, tax cut comes after. We've seen the tax cut first, hire later version. Not falling for that again.

#10     Aug 13, 2012