Romney - really ????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Aug 2, 2012.

1. As a republican, I honestly think the GOP is TRYING to get Obama re-elected by backing Romney. I mean hell...I think if Bush was allowed to run again, he has a better chance of winning that Romney.

#11     Aug 2, 2012
  2. Yes, pretty much says it all, and what I've been saying. Anybody but Romney would have a better chance.

#12     Aug 2, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There's no question that Romney has a LOT missing from what I would consider to be the optimal candidate. He's probably the last choice I would have made for the GOP had I been in charge. And I don't even like him.

But, there are so many things in that video clip that are either taken out of context, just plain made up, or no worse that Obama, than I'm having a hard time seeing what you guys are so excited over. I'd be happy to debate any points in the video with folks here if you want to address the specifics.

And most importantly of all, when I look at all of his faults (and there are a whole lot as I said before), they pale in comparison to the alternative choice.

So I remain ABO, as before.

#13     Aug 3, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same here.

#14     Aug 3, 2012
  5. Which parts do you disagree with? I understand that both sides tend to exaggerate, but would be interested in a civil discussion of anything you find specific fault with.

#15     Aug 3, 2012
  6. Rafalca, the Romney's Olympics-bound dressage horse, nets the family a $77,000 tax credit, $2,000 of which, according to Current's calculations, is for what they spent on health care for the horse. The average American family only spends $1,557 a year on health care.

#16     Aug 4, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like our tax code is fucked up.

I'm voting ABO anyway though.

#17     Aug 4, 2012
  8. Y'all are afraid of sharia law is harsh wait till you live under morman law...it's coming with Romney.

#18     Aug 4, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

The Obama team should hire whoever made this video, since the creator actually seems to understand Romneys weaknesses, as opposed to the B.S. attacks on Bain which have all been thoroughly debunked, and only really appeal to people who dont believe in capitalism.... Basically Obama's whole line of attack has been that Romney was a highly successful business person, something that only an idiot should see as a negative.....

The only other attack Obama has focused on is about the taxes, and quite frankly thats another point that i couldnt care less about. Romney should release them now, cause we all know goddamn well that Obama already got his hands on a copy, and it will be mysteriously leaked in novermber......

This guy just hit off on Every LEGITIMATE reason why a conservative or independent should be scared of Romney.....

#19     Aug 4, 2012
  10. This BS about Romney being such a great business man is getting old. He made a lot of money as a corporate raider, nothing wrong with that, and I'd done the same thing too given the chance and born the fortunate son as he was. BUT that business experience does not do much to bolster his qualifications for president. His being governor does represent a valid qualification and should be weighted more.
    His legal tax avoidance and overseas bank accounts again are OK, unless it's our president doing this.
    He is not disclosing his past tax returns for a reason. One obvious reason may be Romney paid a very low tax rate and is taking advantage of tax loop holes that only apply to the wealthy and he's afraid the working class republicans and independents will not come out to support the fortunate son.
    A second reason may be he learned something from Obama's play book when Obama released his birth certificate only after giving time to show how stupid the birthers are. Romney may waiting for an opportune time to release the returns and showing he paid taxes and is above board, thus taking away an attack for Obama and turning it into a positive for Romney.

#20     Aug 4, 2012