Romney Picks Paul Ryan of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 11, 2012.

1. This is what happened the one time the choice on Ryan's plan was clear:

#41     Aug 11, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

True, but think about this: I don't believe he runs as a lib or on dem principles, yet he still gets elected in that district. I think more libs get elected by running as moderates or even conservatives, but when conservatives run as moderates or libs they get destroyed.

Maybe Ryan has some Reagan qualities. Reagan was able to get votes from libs even though he didn't portray himself as one.

#42     Aug 11, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

Some of the issues in your link are why I thought Rubio would have been a much better choice. Like I said earlier, the super PACs are going to have a field day. Will it work? Depends on how Ryan deals with the seniors and how easily they buy into the tactics soon to be employed (re-employed?).

#43     Aug 11, 2012
  4. [​IMG]

#44     Aug 11, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It's not too late for Romney to change his mind... or is it?
    ; )

#45     Aug 11, 2012
  6. wjk

wjk

:D If only!

#46     Aug 11, 2012
  7. jem

jem

at first I was concerned. How was Romney going to win without nailing down Florida?

but, now more that ever I realize Romney is more concerned about fixing the economy, they even be elected. I now believe Romney is one of the few politicians in American who is serious about fixing our looted economy.

I can't believe how serious this pick was.
    It was the anti palin pick.

It was here it is america... you want a sound economy and country pick us.

you want more lies, bullshit and future collapse elect the dems.

(and note to ricter... we are a very high tax country when you add, state local, property, gas, S.S., medicare and all the other taxes together.)

#47     Aug 11, 2012
  8. McGovern did that in '72. Didn't really work out well.

#48     Aug 11, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's pretty much how I'm seeing it as well. Of course I'm voting ABO no matter who the VP choice turned out to be.

#49     Aug 11, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Perhaps during the debates, depending on how they're going. And then possibly again, right after.

#50     Aug 11, 2012