Romney Picks Paul Ryan of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 11, 2012.

1. +1

#11     Aug 11, 2012
  2. I just posted this in another thread. Honestly, I don't think Mittens made this call. I think Mittens is out of control of his own campaign. His chief of staff in a moment righteous indignation over Romneycare showed us this.

Mittens is a moderate, that is one thing Newt was right about. Pandering to the Tea Party will be seen for what it is.

#12     Aug 11, 2012
  3. what politicians who pander to the tea party fail to understand is that they are mostly hypocrites. they want spending cuts but just dont touch their benefits. they want the cuts to come from that other guy.

#13     Aug 11, 2012
  4. +1

#14     Aug 11, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Mittens just sealed his fate...(and it ain't good).

#15     Aug 11, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Let's see...let me check the radar here...

Obama has the Blacks, the Hispanics, the liberal Whites, the homosexuals, the young people, the women, the unions...Hmmm.
    Let's see...Mittens has...hmmm...hmmm...hmmm...oh yeah...the old rich white men.
    I'm sure Paul Ryan will be able to change all that.---LOL.

#16     Aug 11, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Ryan was picked because he has no skeletons in his closet? And I do think Ryan is very acceptable to the plutocrats attempting to buy this election. Which leaves the Tea Party angle, that's a gamble I think--they want government all but eliminated, but yeah, they might wake up and consider the Ryan budget's actual effect on their own lives.

As for the Ryan plan's increase to the middle class's taxes, there is an argument supporting the efficacy of that, Yglesias posted it iirc.

#17     Aug 11, 2012
  8. Max . . . it doesn't look good,

what are you going to do.:(.

#18     Aug 11, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Separated at birth?

[​IMG]

#19     Aug 11, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

[​IMG]