Romney opposes nomination of partisan judge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, May 15, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/14/romney-truncale-1321299

Romney rejects Trump judicial pick who smeared Obama

Mitt Romney was the only Republican senator to vote against one of President Donald Trump's judicial nominees on Tuesday. And he did so in part to defend former President Barack Obama.

Romney cast the lone GOP "no" vote against Michael Truncale, who was confirmed 49-46 on Tuesday morning to the Eastern District of Texas. Truncale called Obama an "un-American imposter" in June 2011, and explained to the Senate Judiciary Committee that he was "merely expressing frustration by what I perceived as a lack of overt patriotism on behalf of President Obama." He also said he believed Obama was born in Hawaii and did not subscribe to "birtherism," a racist theory that the president was not an American citizen.

2. It's become painfully obvious that Mitt is just there to be a pain in the ass. Typical religious fanatic.

DTB2, WeToddDid2 and elderado like this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Glad to see you support the politicization of what should remain an unbiased co-equal branch of government.

4. What world are you living in? There is no such thing as unbiased, not it today's world

5. In related news, Mitt Romney is receiving long term care for a chronic butt-hurt condition from having been beaten and humiliated by Trump in the previous election cycle.

Jeb Bush would do the same...except.....well......his picture is on a milk carton in Siberia now so is not voting anywhere, anytime soon. Trump put an end to both the Clinton and Bush dynasties. BOOM!!!!

WeToddDid2 and elderado like this.
  6. So blatant, in-your-face partisanship is not a disqualifier for you? Really? Is that the world you want to live in?

7. The world I want to live in is not relevant to the discussion. I'm stating that, as you say, in your face partisanship IS the world we live in.

8. So you're okay with blatant partisanship on the bench because there is blatant partisanship on the bench? No righteous indignation? (This just in: Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, was not a partisan hack.)

Very cynical of you. Let's go down that road for a moment. Cynical comment: "Everybody steals." Is that your license to steal?

Is that really the road you want to go down?

9. Yes, when it comes to politics I am cynical, extremely cynical. They are all partisan hacks. Some hide it better than others. I trust no one involved in politics, NO ONE. Again, what I want is irrelevant. This is the road we are on, have been on, and will continue to be on. I see absolutely no reason to be optimistic about our political system, none at all, and it will get worse.

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Thanks Trump
    Sounds like coping/buyer's remorse for having elected a party full of corrupt officials.

#10     May 15, 2019