romney: Obama has declared war on religion,

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Aug 15, 2012.

1. religious people are not very smart. they will cheer when romney says something like this without asking what does ronmey think about their religion. he hates it especially if you are catholic. you are the"whore of Babylon":

There's a couple of things to consider before examining the Book of Mormon and what it says about the Catholic Church:

1. Starting with the First Vision, Mormonism teaches that all churches except the Mormon Church are an abomination in the sight of God.

Joseph Smith History 1:18-20:

"My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)�and which I should join."

"I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: �they draw� near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.� He again forbade me to join with any of them;..."

2. The Doctine and Covenants also has Jesus Christ condemning ALL other churches, and especially the "great and abominable church".

"Both Catholics and Protestants are nothing less than the "whore of Babylon" whom the Lord denounces... as having corrupted all the earth by their fornications and wickedness. And any person who shall be so wicked as to receive a holy ordinance of the gospel from the ministers of any of these apostate churches will be sent down to hell with them, unless they repent of the unholy and impious act. If any penitent believer desires to obtain forgiveness of sins through baptism, let him beware of having any thing to do with the churches of apostate Christendom, lest he perish in the awful plagues and judgments, denounced against them. The only persons among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people who have authority from Jesus Christ to administer any gospel ordinance are those called and authorized among the Latter-day Saints. Before the restoration of the church of Christ to the earth in the year 1830, there have been no people on the earth for many generations possessing authority from God to minister gospel ordinances. We again repeat. Beware of the hypocritical false teachers and imposters of Babylon!
    - Apostle Orson Pratt The Seer, Vol.2, No.4, p.255

D&C 1:30-31
    "And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually� For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance;"

D&C 38:10-11:
    "Verily I say unto you, ye are clean, but not all; and there is none else with whom I am well pleased; For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven�"

D&C 29:21:
    "And the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire, according as it is spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, who spoke of these things, which have not come to pass but surely must, as I live, for abominations shall not reign."

"She is termed, in other places, by the same prophet, "The whore of all the earth," making the nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. Some three centuries ago there came out sortie excellent men, named Martin Lather, John Calvin and many others that might be mentioned, who protested against the wickedness and abominations of the Church wherein they had been educated, and of which they had been members. Because of their protestations against the mother Church they were called Protestants. They pronounced her the whore of all the earth; they declared that she had no authority, that she had none of the blessings and gifts which characterized the ancient Christians. They came out and established other Churches... But among all these Churches where are the characteristics of Zion? We hunt for them in vain."
    - Apostle Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses Vol. 14, p.346

"Thrones shall be cast down, and the Ancient of Days shall sit, and the body of the fourth beast (or Babylon) shall be given to the devouring flame, and then shall the remnant of the heathen know that the Lord is God, for they shall see and hear of his judgments, which he shall execute upon the corrupt powers of the earth under the name of modern Christianity, scripturally called "Babylon the Great"�"The whore of all the earth," with whom the nations for centuries have committed fornication, and have drank out of her filthy cup. O Babylon! thou hast decked thyself with costly ornaments! Thou has clothed thyself with the most gaudy apparel! Thy seminaries of learning, and thy theological institutions have been multiplied far and wide. Thy priests are polished with all the refinements of a profound and extensive education. Thy costly and magnificent churches have been erected in great numbers throughout all thy borders. The merchants of the earth have made themselves rich through the abundance of thy luxuries. The learned�the great�the mighty�the kings of the earth, have glorified themselves in thy grand and superb palaces. Thou hast indeed enrobed thyself in the royal splendors of a queen. Thine external appearance has excited the admiration of all nations. But internally thou art rotten with the filth of thy whoredoms."
    - Apostle Orson Pratt, The Essential Orson Pratt, p.109

"The Roman Catholic, Greek, and Protestant church is the great corrupt ecclesiastic power, represented by great Babylon which has made all nations drunk with her wickedness, and she must fall, after she has been warned with the sound of the everlasting gospel. Her overthrow will be by a series of the most terrible judgments which will quickly succeed each other, and sweep over the nations where she has her dominion, and at last she will be utterly burned by fire, for thus hath the Lord spoken. Great, and fearful, and most terrible judgments are decreed upon these corrupt powers, the nations of modern Christendom; for strong is the Lord God who shall execute His fierce wrath upon them, and He will not cease until He has made a full end, and until their names be blotted out from under heaven."
    - Apostle Orson Pratt, Divine Authenticity of the Book of Mormon, p.84 - p.85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IMv28sYQzCY

2. Interesting to hit them with their own philosophies. I really don't care much about which religion someone is, but it is curious, the hypocrisy if you will, how the Christians who hate Mormons can even support Romney instead of the Christian, Obama. Only the crazies can even think he's Muslim, and even if he was, who care. The extremist righties on here are really something.

I guess it's time for Lucrum to come back with some hateful one liner now. Go for it.

3. Obama has a muslim name and has admitted his "muslim faith". Why in the hell anyone would vote one of those suicidal idiots into the White House is beyond me. Stupid I guess. Maybe even suicidal deep down inside.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I thought not so free thinker was the one who declared war on religion.

5. I've found this view interesting since I first saw it during the film Shutter Island.
    "Nature is a smiling killer"...Indeed it is.
    "God's gift...His violence...God loves violence...Why else would there be so much of it? It's in us. It comes out of us. It is what we do more naturally than we breathe. We wage war. We burn sacrifices. We pillage and tear at the flesh of our brothers. We fill great fields with our stinking dead. And why? To show Him that we've learned from His example...God gives us earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes. He gives us mountains that spew fire onto our heads. Oceans that swallow ships. He gives us nature, and nature is a smiling killer. He gives us disease so that in our death we believe. He gave us orifices only so that we could feel our life bleed out of them. He gave us lust and fury and greed and our filthy hearts. So that we could wage violence in His honor. There is no moral order as pure as this storm we've just seen. There is no moral order at all. There is only this - can my violence conquer yours?"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DXY23gsHXXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. free-filcher strikes again

7. obama is a fricken idiot when comes to the free market and economics.

8. Maybe this is why Romney killed that guy Scoptic's wife? She was Catholic?

This campaign season has been a real learning experience for me. I learned that a core republican value is dirty air, water and food. Recently i learned Romney has a plan to reinstitute slavery for blacks, only this time they will be owned by his pals on Wall Street.

Romney hasn't paid taxes for at least ten years and now plans on raising the taxes of the middle class so he can give billionaires tax cuts. Even if they don't want it.

Paul ryan has a plan to save medicare that involves pushing elderly women off cliffs. He also wants to raise taxes on the middle class so the rich can get richer.

Yesterday I read in the Washington Post how Romney has put the entire campaign in the gutter by attacking our president for running ads saying that Romney killed that guy's wife. Ryan likewise has started off nasty and meanspirited by criticizing obamacare. I'm relieved the media are watching the campaigns for smears and dirty tricks.

9. I was going to attack this, but I understand the post.

Nice, CO, very nice!

10. AAA, Romney violated one of the Three Laws of Robotics. Please comment.

Of course, to do this you would have equate Asimov with Orwell.

I think you are astute enuf to get what is being done here.

#10     Aug 16, 2012