Romney Comes Up Flat In First Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

which is a flip flop from...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3616919&highlight=Mittens#post3616919

#51     Oct 4, 2012
  2. Lehrer was really something. The biggest issue facing us is the looming fiscal cliff, and he wants them to discuss the "role of government in the economy."

Obama himself raised the complaint that Romney said he would turn down 10 billion in spending cuts if it required 1 bill in additional taxes. Romney answered it pretty effectively, but he should have turned it around on Obama and asked him if he would turn down 10 bill in cuts if there were no new taxes. Obviously that is obama's position.

Obama would have to justify his position by saying in effect, it is more important to tax the rich than help the economy. He has said the same thing before regarding cap gains, that "fairness" is more important than actual revenues.

#52     Oct 4, 2012
  3. I've talked to a few people who either "lean Romney" or "lean Obama" and they agree with you.

#53     Oct 4, 2012
  4. You may well be right, but I saw it as Romney getting mired in details and not making the key points. The media are telling people the economy is getting better, unemployment is down, home prices are up, GM is a big success, etc.

He did make the point that obama has been president for four years, so we have some proof of how his policies work.

#54     Oct 4, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm not surprised. We saw this in the primaries in focus groups. People said "stop insulting each other and trying to be witty. Show us what you are going to do to fix what is broken."

Going for the throat is too risky with too little return.

#55     Oct 4, 2012
  6. It's better to think of this as a professional wrestling match not football. It's about who puts on the better show not who scores the most points.

#56     Oct 4, 2012
  7. #57     Oct 4, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Here I am a new resident to FL, a state that will decide it along with OH. All I can say is I was so happy with last night's knockout, I could barely sleep with the smile I was wearing! I CANNOT wait to vote for Romney here in this all too important-to-win State.

#58     Oct 4, 2012
  9. please, everyone knows that the 1st debate is the most important.. obama got devastated, embarrassed, shit on, etc last night. he looked like a young child challenging his parent and got put in his place. I KNOW obama will come back better but his record is indefensible, he made some very cocky predictions (like some of yours) before and immediately after his election, now they are biting his ass. If Mitt stays aggressive he will take the foreign policy debate with ease considering this latest fuck up by the admin. Obama can't win the debates now without a major Romney mistake.. judging by last night, it isn't coming.

The race is back on, Romney CAN win.

#59     Oct 4, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Hell, I should fly back there and vote with you. I'm sure if I wear an Obama T-shirt that they will let me vote in Brevard county without question.

#60     Oct 4, 2012