Romney Comes Up Flat In First Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 3, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Wow! Have you seen this Jen Psaki, Obama's traveling press secretary, talk about the debate? She is so full of crap her eyes are glazing over. She is talking about how Romney lost and didn't make any points and how Obama was brilliant. What a loser.

#41     Oct 4, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's her job. Spin.

#42     Oct 4, 2012
  3. Perhaps you need some reading glasses then. Or maybe that GOP Kool Aid is workin on ya.:D

#43     Oct 4, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

That is exactly right! Liberals have been spoon fed lies for months and are now getting the truth and don't understand why they haven't heard this before.

#44     Oct 4, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah. So what is it I am interpreting incorrectly?

#45     Oct 4, 2012
  6. Pretty much everything from the GOP primaries forward. Mitt took every chance to paint himself as hard right winger, if you cannot see this, you are simply in denial.

#46     Oct 4, 2012
  7. Triple A, I think you're getting yourself all tied up in the details. Think of it as a football game. The new QB comes out to throw his first pass of the season. Big pass rush comes. Everyone kind of expects the kid to throw and interception, but he hangs tough in the pocket and ends up throwing a nice tight spiral, hitting his receiver in stride. No TD, just a nice 30 yard gain. Big sigh of relief from the fans and the game is on. That's what people see, and that's all they care about. You're too deep in the game talking about linebackers out of postion and the missed assignment of the cornerback. Still plenty of field left in front of us, but the kid did prove he can hit the assigned target. Right now today that's all that matters.

#47     Oct 4, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

I was thinking of a little different sports analogy.

It's the bottom of the 7th inning and Team Romney is trailing Team Obama by 2 runs. Romney comes to bat with the bases loaded and hits a home run. Now Team Romney leads by 2 but there are still two innings left to play and certainly to be more scoring by both teams. Team Romney is excited that they've grabbed the lead with just two innings to go but it's still anybody's game.

#48     Oct 4, 2012
  9. I just told this same kind analogy to a friend of mine, except I used the 10000 meter run. We will see what is going when the bell lap is rung...(debate#3)

She is in panic mode, for some reason. I told her the incumbent almost always struggles in the first debate. Mitt the Moderate will be debunked here shortly and Obama will drive the spike in the third debate.

#49     Oct 4, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, I just need you to show me one comment that Mitt made from the GOP primaries forward that was diametrically opposed to what he said in the debate yesterday, and I will cede this point.

#50     Oct 4, 2012