Romney Comes Up Flat In First Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 3, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

I have not had a chance to watch the debates, but I agree that the contender has to deliver a knockout to truly win.

Was Romney aggressive without losing his temper? Did he mention 46 million on food stamps? I am expecting that he did. If he didn't, it shows he is trying to run as Mr. Nice Guy and he will lose this election.

#21     Oct 4, 2012
  2. wjk

wjk

Since you mention Tyson, I assume you know how the game works. It's often that the refs only see the offense of those they support. They often don't see the damage inflicted by the opponents, thus the one sided decisions that leave the rest of us scratching our heads.

Are you suggesting I should watch the debate? Did Romney give me a reason for me to vote for him without the clothespin?

#22     Oct 4, 2012
  3. hughb

hughb

Still haven't watched the entire debate, but the CNN website says that it's instant poll shows Romney won by a large margin, and CBS says it's poll showed Romeny won as well.

BTW, I can't find a link to the entire debate through the news sites - Anybody got one?

#23     Oct 4, 2012
  4. hughb

hughb

#24     Oct 4, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

A scan of my usual haunts indicates the same. I just don't know if it will be enough to get me to like the guy. Just once, I'd like to actually vote for a candidate, not against another. I will probably watch the debate tomorrow. Maybe.

#25     Oct 4, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

Funny, all our resident Obama loons have been declaring for months Obama would wipe the floor with Romney.

I wonder why IQ47 hasn't posted these polls?

Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the best job in the
    debate -- Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?

Obama 25%
    Romney 67%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who do you think won tonight's first presidential debate?
    Mitt Romney
    62%
    Barack Obama
    28%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS News ....523 uncommitted voters...Forty six percent thought Governor Romney won the debate and 22 percent thought Mr. Obama did.

#26     Oct 4, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I know a whole lot of people that agree Obama LIES, Romney just changes his mind too fucking much.

#27     Oct 4, 2012
  8. hughb

hughb

I would like to get behind a candidate as well. I see all of the cars with the bumper stickers, the signs in the yards, the posting on facebook, and I think I would like to join in, but all I have ever done in any presidential race is vote against the other guy.

#28     Oct 4, 2012
  9. I don't think he's changing his mind, I think it's saying what ever it takes to get the votes. He's too smart and successful to be that wishy washy.
    You better worry Lucrum you've paid into the system probably as long as I have, Romney gets in and fucks up you're SS & Medicare and it won't be pretty or nice.

#29     Oct 4, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Were you watching the same debate as the rest of the planet? I have to say, this is the first post of yours where I find myself wondering what narcotic you use or how drunk you were.

#30     Oct 4, 2012