Romney Comes Up Flat In First Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 3, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Nope. It was a much stronger thumping than that. Turn on BSNBC and watch all the Obama pundits crying and blaming Obama for being out of it. And, of course, their standard mantra, "Romney lied."

#11     Oct 3, 2012
  2. You're right and somewhat wrong. Yes, the contender needs a knockout, but the fight is not yet over. Romney scored many good body blows this evening and had Obama off his game. Is Obama out of it? Not by a longshot, but Romney came off looking a hell of a lot tougher than I ever expected him to be. Should be a heck of a battle from here on out.

#12     Oct 3, 2012
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

I thought it was interesting. When Obama has his solo speach thing that is so popular he does well. When he is arguing topics and putting stats and figures forwards he is terrible. One thing that I thought was important was the final comments. Obama did one of his speaches when he tried to personalise some story about someone he met and the talk of America. Romney on the other hand gave a list of problems and how he would solve them. To me it seemed like all Obama can do is talk about a romanticised view of things and try and sell it. When it comes to real policy and strategy he is clueless. He is like a sales man or advertisement and he showed that tonight.

#13     Oct 3, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

#14     Oct 3, 2012
  5. Regardless of who people think won or who side they are on the one thing everyone agrees on is Romney lies. You can't name one issue where Romney hasn't taken both sides of the issue. And what he says he will do means absolutely nothing, he may do good he may not, I don't think he even knows what he'll do if he gets in office.

#15     Oct 4, 2012
  6. +1, this one is definitely coming down to the last play of the game.

#16     Oct 4, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

Superb description of all politicians. They all wear the title of liar equally.

#17     Oct 4, 2012
  8. My king, wtf is that about?

#18     Oct 4, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

I just edited my thread. Sorry. I was thinking of someone else at the time I posted. Been a long night. You're OK, dude, even though we don't agree on much.

#19     Oct 4, 2012
  10. This debate was like an early Tyson fight. Romney didn't just win, he knocked his ass through the ropes ... What the hell was the op watching???

#20     Oct 4, 2012