Romney and the Market

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Hoofhearted, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Could the web be the answer ? Everyone could register their opinion and it would be carried out however stupid ? Well maybe.

#31     Oct 27, 2012
  2. Probably not, but I appreciate you have a desire to fix problems.
    :)

#32     Oct 27, 2012
  3. toc

toc

Whoever gets elected is going to see very high turmoil times in economy and markets. If Romney is elected, I hope he does a big change of heart in his agenda and takes hard decisions to fend off the debt and its creeping cracks on the US as an entity.

Romney has nothing to lose. He has made his 100s of millions and thus his family is well taken care of. He could not care less for anything personal and thus is in a good position to do something that he likes to do the best i.e. Turnaround Business like situations. US economy is one big business and a selfless turnaround guy is needed. Lastly, Romney has the firepower in his personality to get things done even by a whip if needed. US economy should turnaround from this point on or look into few decades of abyss and lower standards of living.

#33     Oct 27, 2012
  4. no, we have a democracy where every vote counts. What you are advocating is mob rule.

see the difference?

#34     Oct 27, 2012
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Very true! It hasn't changed since Colonial time as far as who is in charge. For the 1 and 3/4 century of Crown rule and now a little over two centuries of independence the same folks have always been in charge -- the wealthy.

The wealthy have accepted the existence of a middle class as inevitable and even desirable as a bulwark against the threat of the dispossessed. In Colonial days an alliance between the indentured whites, the negro slave, and the Indians was feared, and laws were passed forbidding fraternizing. Today, the ruling class should probably be somewhat more concerned than they appear to be that their buffer, the middle class, may become too small to be effective against a growing anarchist movement and a swelling dispossessed population.

#35     Oct 29, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

It is a common misconception that at the Federal level there exists "a democracy where every vote counts"

In reality only one of three branches of government is democratically elected. The U.S. is a Plutocracy with some democratic elements, particularly at the local level.

If one is going to reside in the United States and pay taxes, it is a good idea to have some knowledge of its government at a basic level.

#36     Oct 29, 2012
  7. what was that Thomas Jefferson said? "Every now and then you just need a full blown bloody revolution."

As for me personally, I'm willing to donate it at the local blood bank to help my fellow man, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to spill it for my beliefs which upon further review may be somewhat questionable.

#37     Oct 29, 2012
  8. People think ideology is worth dying for; a dead man has no ideals.

Why not just move then to wherever your ideals are the most active? EG -- USA turns communist.. move to Hong Kong. USA decides to involve itself in WW3 -- move to a neutral country.

There's never a need to die! It's a tribal instinct left over from when we were in tribes.. from before we even became human. Evolution selects not for you, but for your individual genes. So, you have naturally selected genes that actually are actually bad for you. Imagine gene x present in every member of a tribe. Gene x gets you killed; but by killing you, gene x gets live in on through other peoples' reproduction, and so reproduces itself.

Evolutionary-speaking, you're just a container for your genes. Your individual genes don't care which container makes them a new container, as long as some container does. So, they'll destroy your container if it helps them live in a different container.

Are you a slave to your genes and ready to die for them, a byproduct of evolution from when we were no smarter than apes? Or are you a human capable of using your mind to preserve yourself as an individual?

Sadly, most people aren't able to overcome their tribal instincts and allow gene x to kill them. Think patriotism.

#38     Oct 29, 2012
  9. yeah, we already kind of did that. Got knocked out of Bulgaria, then Austria, then Russia, and of course Germany. Finally not even England or USA would take any more of us.

So we ended up in Israel. And that's where we are going to stay.

#39     Oct 29, 2012
  10. You're you -- you don't have to be 'we'.

#40     Oct 29, 2012