Romney 45 Obama 39

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

No sweetie, I post polls when I see them. It does not mean I endorse them. The comments I added to this recent poll I posted because of the sharp rise in Romney's move in spite of the approval rating bounce Obama got.

I have already stated on the record that Romney will be the nominee and he will beat Obama. This poll however definitely surprised me.

#21     Dec 30, 2011
  2. I had to read this post again. I do understand that you are an ABO guy and that your desires will obviously not be realized, but this next level stuff is a bit over the top, dontcha think?

Next level???

There is no "next level" to being a professional gambler, which is what full time traders are. Wins and losses are a matter of scale, nothing more. And if you must know I still can trade full time and actually contribute something to the human condition.

I think you have been holed up in your office too long:D

#22     Dec 30, 2011
  3. Without knowing my methods, it is a bit presumptuous to presume that I have a weakness in my trading.

This trade with Mittens will fail. You had better bail immediately after the GOP primary or you will get your buttocks handed to you.

Obama is the winner of this next election for a variety of reasons.

Now if you are in this short term, okay then, but if you think Mittens is going to carry the day, you are going to be one pissed off conservative come November. That is all I am saying.

#23     Dec 30, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You really think professional trading is gambling? LOL. I guess you never did read the "Logical Trader" after all. I'm sorry you think that Ron. There are plenty of people in this industry that will disagree with you and have the sheets to prove it.

Like Matt Damon says in the movie "Rounders", "why is it people insist on calling poker gambling when the same 5 guys make it to the final table of the WSOP every year. Are they just the luckiest guys in the world?"

#24     Dec 30, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ron, since I'm not black, I really don't get that emotional about who the President is. I don't like Obama but it doesn't drive me crazy every day that he is our President. Since I believe in the power of the individual, I can be successful in spite of him. Would I like Obama to lose? Sure. Do I care? Not really. And if the price action in Romney starts breaking down, I will be the first guy on ET to mention it. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

#25     Dec 30, 2011
  6. Very condescending, and that is twice in one day.

More white folks are alllll twisted up about Obama than any black person has been about a white male president.

The GOP is literally coming apart.

Birtherism? Only a black president could produce such hysteria.

Now, in your individual case, it is duly noted. However I have to see a post from you that does not deride liberalism in some way, so you do definitely have a strong bias, don't back away from it now:D

#26     Dec 30, 2011
  7. Apparently you either have a short memory or......whatever......

Fish himself says that trading is gambling in his seminars and if you think anything else then something is wrong with you.

If you like I will even produce the segment so you can review the lesson.

I do hope nothing is wrong with you Mav:D

#27     Dec 30, 2011
  8. Comparing poker to trading is a logical fallacy unless you are in the pit, where you are not.

#28     Dec 30, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh god yes, I have a strong bias. But the bias is not emotional Ron. Look, I have spent a great deal of time giving DAS Trader shit over his Ron Paul fanaticism. And yes, I agree with you, birthers are nuts. Just the sight of Obama throws them into seizures. But we are not talking about them, we are talking about me. This isn't emotional for me. I want him to lose for the same reason I hope Denver wins on Sunday and makes the playoffs. But if they don't, I'm not going to stress out over it.

Ron, there was a time long long ago where I got very emotional over trading, sports and even politics. But when I decided to take the emotion out of my life for the purpose of becoming a better trader, I lost a lot of my passion for sports and getting emotional over politics.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm simply saying I get that black people have an emotional investment in Obama. You are not denying that are you? That's not a controversial statement.

#29     Dec 30, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes Fish says that. But the context was in forcing one to have "humility" in their trading. The idea that one is betting on a future event that is uncertain. The profession itself is not gambling. And that is what you eluded to. And Ron, if you think trading is pure gambling, why do you do it? Is that really a good role model for your sons. After all, you did tell me you wanted to teach your sons how to trade, I mean gamble. Should a father really teach his kids gambling? :)

#30     Dec 30, 2011