Rolled Back to the Old ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, Feb 25, 2013.

1. moarla

moarla

this old version is MUCH better

never change a winning team!!

#41     Feb 25, 2013
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Somehow I assumed that this is what most of the ET moderators looked like...

...after having to put up with complaints from all the members.

:)

#42     Feb 25, 2013
  3. Schaefer

Schaefer

Ahhh...much better, thank you. I hated the gawdawful new version look. As for the threads, as long as we're able to access, "Cassie's Pictorium" thread, we're all good :D

Schaefer

#43     Feb 25, 2013
  4. Baron -

At times like these, I find the following poem particularly fitting:

#44     Feb 25, 2013
  5. vicirek

vicirek

Please do not upgrade. Keep it simple as it is, plain, ergonomic and easy to read. Please do not follow the trend of web page clutter, fancy backgrounds, fancy fonts, coloring etc. It makes it more difficult to read.

#45     Feb 25, 2013
  6. No need to turn ET into another BMT

no need for all the clutter, and needless bells and whistles...

simpler is better

#46     Feb 25, 2013
  7. Whenever a forum changes people always complain because it's a change, even if eventually they realize the new format is better. As a huge internet nerd who is a member of many forums (some of which are susbtantially larger and more active than ET, which doesn't even make the top 25), I will tell you that everyone always complains anytime a forum is changed :D

That being said, the missing threads were more important than the layout of the forum.

Also, as a huge internet nerd who is a member of many forums, I can tell you that the current ET format is not really that awesome. I understand why Baron wanted to change it. That being said, the huge amount of content here makes up for it. It's not like this forum sucks, it's just that it's not really the standard for forums anymore. ET is like a mid 2000's Honda Accord. It's reliable, it gets the job done, it looks pretty decent, but is the best car on the road? No. But there's nothing really wrong with it.

But I'd rather have it the way it is with all threads intact.

Changing forums over can be a pain.

#47     Feb 25, 2013
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I found elitetrader from a google search which got me to an old thread.

#48     Feb 25, 2013
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

KISS format is the way to go.

#49     Feb 25, 2013
  10. The current site limits Baron's ability to monetize the traffic, so I certainly don't blame him for wanting to upgrade. There were a lot of useful features with the new site.

#50     Feb 25, 2013