Rolled Back to the Old ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, Feb 25, 2013.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

y the new site should be up for tweaking until no more complains about any of 'new' and 'improve' features then migration should take place slowly until all content is moved over.

#101     Feb 27, 2013
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

After you log in to that site, you can easily find your latest posts by hovering your mouse over your username at the upper right corner, and then clicking on "Your Content".

#102     Feb 27, 2013
  3. Cool, liked it very much. Many useful features
    that would be great to bring back eventually.

#103     Feb 27, 2013
  4. Cassie's Pic's are much better with the old format

End of copms

:p

#104     Feb 27, 2013
  5. just an fyi Baron but Silicon Investor tried to change their site many times, all with negative feedback. And guess what? It's now back to its original layout after all these years.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe take a poll. haha

#105     Feb 27, 2013
  6. My (edited) comments on the new site for posterity:

"Hi Baron
    appreciate this migration is a lot of work, so take these suggestions as just that:
    1. can we have a light, text only version option?
    2. I liked the old forums front page where you could see the active 4 or 5 threads in each subsection.
    3. a searchable archive is incredibly important, when I joined I learned massively from posts from 2003 or earlier
    4. can we subscribe and follow sub-forums (not just threads)? i.e. customise our forums page?"

===
    Baron - I really liked the follow and alerts features you were rolling out and the whole interface was slicker generally. I think a lot of the old guard had a Pavlovian negative response to the "Like" buttons and avatars and other such FB type nonsense - so they missed the benefits of the new platform and these were never really explained to them.

#106     Feb 27, 2013
  7. Mr_You

Mr_You

Few suggestions:

- Next time setup a beta site and get feedback before fully migrating.
    - I wasn't able to find a "show all new messages since last visit" link/icon. This is absolutely critical.
    - I also think a "Thanks/Kudos" button is very useful for forums such as this. Single sentence "thanks" posts these days aren't necessary, but people like to show their appreciation.

#107     Feb 27, 2013
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

I never pay attn to alternate background color of posts until the new site, the difference is glaring literally.

#108     Feb 28, 2013
  9. zdreg

zdreg

where is the option to go to the old format?

#109     Nov 15, 2013
  10. #110     Nov 15, 2013