Roll the Dice 2018

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Diceman1983, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm starting this journal to log my PnL in 2018, and gather feedback on my strategy. I'm currently testing my algo on a paper account and plan to go live in 2018.

About me:
    Mid thirties, involved in trading for about 7 years. Used to trade Equities for an investment bank for a year but after that been mostly involved in the risk management side of things. Dutch.

About my trading:
    Daytraded fulltime for a couple of months, did reasonably well and got extremely bored. Did about 5-7 trades per week, stared at my screen for the rest of the day. Decided to get a new job and automate my trading. This turned out to be a lot harder than expected. In the end the trading system I developed still needed constant monitoring, so wasn't that helpful either. Spend a lot of time improving my coding skills and started testing a new, completely autonomous system mid 2016. Goal was to paper trade it for 2017. Happy with the results so far. Finally confident enough to go live in 2018, with a small amount of money. Aim for 1-2% per month.

About this journal:
    Haven't decided if I will post my actual trades, but will post my PnL.

777 likes this.