roll a fund from your discretionary traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tradelink, Jun 10, 2008.

1. hey, I've developed a piece of software that mirrors accounts from one or more traders into one or more mirrored accounts.

I'm wondering if there are any other prop firms which have done this already and would want to share their experiences, or if anybody else would like to test out this software?

I'm trying to figure out if it has any use beyond training, specifically for rolling a semi-systematic invement program with input from a number of discretionary traders....eg:

traderA buy IBM -> buy IBM in mirroraccount
    traderB sell LVS -> sell LVS mirroraccount

That's the basic idea. As it's evolved for training purposes it can handle a fairly large number of other scenarios.

It can filter out orders during the mirror process based on set of rules, it can hedge all or portions of positions automatically (good for letting new traders make mistakes).

My current client has just started a fund and wants to use it for training... however I think there is a large potential to generate significant amounts of revenue for more established discretionary firms, so I'm trying to get some feedback from the market on the utility of such a product.

PM me if you want more details.