rolex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Oct 19, 2009.

1. i saw this rolex and thought you might like it.

http://www.thewatchexchangestore.co.uk/new_sub_date_ss_green.htm

the only problem i have with watches like this is they lack functionality in comparison to modern watches. however they will last a lifetime unlike new watches and are more stylish so they make up for it.

2. i wondering whether watches are a good investment or do they depreciate could they appreciate or do they just stay the same.

3. fhl

fhl

If you're ever climbing a mountain and someone wants to take a picture of you for a magazine, it'll come in handy.

4. do you mean as you would look the part.

5. Are you trying to justify purchasing a Rolex by claiming it as an investment rather than an expense?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

7. i am not justifying it i am wonder if you would make money if you had one. even if you didn't wear it is it like gold or silver.

8. Mine.
    Couldn't swing the Rolex.

[​IMG]

9. that is nice. they look more functional than rolex too this is their weakness in my opinion. i go for digital with a calculator for functionality although cheap and unimpressive it is useful. i was wondering though if watches were investments like gold or silver not to wear but to make money like a vintage car or painting.

#10     Oct 20, 2009