rolex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morganist, Oct 19, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

i saw this rolex and thought you might like it.

http://www.thewatchexchangestore.co.uk/new_sub_date_ss_green.htm

the only problem i have with watches like this is they lack functionality in comparison to modern watches. however they will last a lifetime unlike new watches and are more stylish so they make up for it.

2. morganist

morganist Guest

i wondering whether watches are a good investment or do they depreciate could they appreciate or do they just stay the same.

3. fhl

fhl

If you're ever climbing a mountain and someone wants to take a picture of you for a magazine, it'll come in handy.

4. morganist

morganist Guest

do you mean as you would look the part.

5. Are you trying to justify purchasing a Rolex by claiming it as an investment rather than an expense?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

7. morganist

morganist Guest

i am not justifying it i am wonder if you would make money if you had one. even if you didn't wear it is it like gold or silver.

8. morganist

morganist Guest

9. Mine.
    Couldn't swing the Rolex.

[​IMG]

10. morganist

morganist Guest

that is nice. they look more functional than rolex too this is their weakness in my opinion. i go for digital with a calculator for functionality although cheap and unimpressive it is useful. i was wondering though if watches were investments like gold or silver not to wear but to make money like a vintage car or painting.

#10     Oct 20, 2009