ROKU trade ideas?

Discussion in 'Options' started by tally2019, Oct 21, 2019.

1. tally2019

tally2019

Does anyone have any option trade ideas for Roku with their upcoming earnings (Nov 6) and implied move +/- 18%?

Overnight likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

You are obsessed with Roku. You are funny.

.sigma and BlueWaterSailor like this.
  4. ITYM "heartily sick of but still hanging on for the lulz."

HTH, HAND. :)

5. Overnight

Overnight

What about BYND? Dunkin' just announced (today?) they are doing the Beyond fake stuff, although I cannot imagine in what...Do they offer beef breakfast sandwiches? I only think of them as donuts, and like eggs and stuff.

So that is another feather in BYND's cap. We should buy calls on them, yes?

6. A bit more seriously: ROKU is crazy volatile. Based on what it's been doing for the past month, I'd look at buying a straddle. I'm one of those people who jumps out of perfectly good airplanes for fun, but those 5SD+ moves are nuts.

7. spindr0

spindr0

You've gotta have a set of stones to pay 90+ vols for a straddle that's on the way to 50 with the EA.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

8. Notice that I'm not doing it. :) The OP asked for how to play these earnings, and my general advice came down to "DON'T!"

As to buying a straddle - it's better than selling, say, an IC. In much the same way that getting run over by a Cat D11 is better than dying of necrotizing fasciitis. Perhaps we should simply return to "DON'T!"

9. S2007S

S2007S

Roku, a completely overrated stock with a huge inflated market cap, just another company that's in a field of huge competition. Reminds me of tivo. Once this streaming war is over roku will be left far far behind. It's easy for a smaller company to grow its user base by millions of people quarter over quarter so the trend is their friend for now, gains and more gains, but long term this is just another hyped streaming media platform like tivo was years ago.

10. SteveM

SteveM

OP, I think the time to buy Roku was 2 weeks ago when it closed below it's lower bollinger band, not now.

#10     Oct 22, 2019