"Rogue Trader" Nick Leeson plans comeback

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Mar 7, 2007.

1. #11     Mar 7, 2007
  2. asap

asap

:eek: :eek: :eek:

nick@fx

i guess this time the bank of england itselft will go bust.

:D :D :D

#12     Mar 7, 2007
  3. Are you serious NickBarings is really Nick Leeson?

I love that movie, and his wife was kind of hot.:)

#13     Mar 7, 2007
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you f*cking serious? ror

#14     Mar 7, 2007

5. yes.

surf

#15     Mar 7, 2007
  6. ess1096

ess1096

I see nothing wrong with the guy wanting to make a comeback. Most traders trade their best following a blowout. (And most blowouts follow a hot streak)
    OK, his was a slightly larger than average blowout, but the bottom line will be whether he gained discipline from his experience or not.

#16     Mar 7, 2007
  7. virgin

virgin

I just went over the last posts of Nickbarings and he is looking for a forex broker, that is in line with what is written in the article :

"Leeson said he trades ``when I get the time'' and has been buying and selling currencies for the past few months"

Difficult to call this coincidence, so it looks like the real Nick Leeson is frequenting ET

#17     Mar 7, 2007
  8. I love that movie.
    And I agree with the others, if he wants back in, good for him and I'll wish him luck. He's going back to doing what he loved doing, minus using other people's money.

#18     Mar 7, 2007
  9. Can't believe how long ago Barings was.

The London office knew all about the margin calls though - the reason I know - we were lending them truck loads of short dated yen and they were paying top of the market!

In fact our limit was full as I read the story in the Sunday Times! Funnily enough it turned out to be a great deal. The principal was paid back pretty quickly and then the interest at a silly rate as penalty charges were incurred.

#19     Mar 7, 2007
  10. virgin

virgin

Anyone communicates on a regular basis with nickbarings ?

#20     Mar 7, 2007