Rogue trader cost MF Global $142M

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by crgarcia, Feb 29, 2008.

1. 9999

That's my take as well.
    Just a little slap on the wrist, and off they go. Business as usual. Laws are laws and they are bent everyday, especially by the ppl in charge.

#21     Feb 29, 2008
  2. plax

plax

That doesn't make sense, if he pressed the market order button short, the market should have tanked as the bulls looked to get better fills as the market dropped, if the market shot up as it filled his orders he would have got more favourable fills as he was shorting from a high prices.

#22     Feb 29, 2008
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

He meant buy limit order I think

#23     Feb 29, 2008
  4. He or MF must have been covering.

#24     Feb 29, 2008
  5. nolajy

nolajy

correction.. i guess it is that easy to make a mistake..
    you are correct.. buy limit is Correct.. most likely covering and didn't want to move market to high while covering.. but market order changed all of that.

#25     Feb 29, 2008
  6. There is no such thing as "rogue traders... ONLY "rogue managers".

#26     Feb 29, 2008
  7. nolajy

nolajy

mf isn't getting into any legal trouble because the trade was covered and thats all that matters.

#27     Feb 29, 2008
  8. The head office is in Bermuda ?

#28     Feb 29, 2008
  9. You need to realize just who Mann-Financial is. The fact that the CME made some rather supportive "comments" regarding MF is quite telling.

#29     Feb 29, 2008
  10. Man didn't violate any laws. Margin is an EOD affair. The trade was closed before CME margins were an issue.

FYI: Dooley's position was short. If you pull up a 5 minute ZW chart with volume you'll see a couple of 3000 contract bars around 5 in the morning. That's Dooley selling. Those big volume, mega rally bars after the RTH open are Man covering.

#30     Feb 29, 2008