Rogers: "Volume Is Not Going To Come Back. We've Had A Great 30 Years. That's Finishe

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, May 15, 2012.

1. Jim Rogers joined the original money honey Maria Bartiromo today on CNBC’s closing bell for a solid ten-minute interview (link and embed below).

He views the current decline as a normal correction (said it could go all the way to $1200 and still be within the confines of a normal correction).
    Has recently hedged his positions in gold and silver. Still owns other commodities, including agriculture.
    Owns US dollar due to its status as a perceived safe haven (he says it is not actually a safe haven).
    Believe JP Morgan and friends are liquidating positions like crazy at the moment.
    Thinks finance is “finished” after a great 30 years – says stock market volume is not going to come back (and recommended that Maria become a farmer, or at least learn how to drive a tractor).
    Says he owns no American equities, and is short equities around the world (believes 2013 and 2014 are going to be real messes).
    Admitted he was short calls on a “large American bank” when this JP Morgan news came out (ha!)

http://contraryinvesting.com/financ...gold-jp-morgan-us-stocks-more-cnbc-interview/

2. [​IMG]

Cycles, it's all about the cycles.

3. if the volume does not go up, Wall street will disappear

4. wow that would seriously suck big time

5. Bob111

Bob111

i don't think so..all this WS play is build around working folks retirement plans,savings etc..as long as people are employed-they pretty much forced to make the contributions and money has to go somewhere. and for now -there is only one place left-stocks(i would put them in commodities, just like rogers,but on 99% of retirement plans-there is no such option)
    call me crazy,but i believe for last decade WS purposely squeezed out all other participants(like most of us). the less volume-less competition and way easier to manipulate those markets and \or individual stocks. very simple

6. jnbadger

jnbadger

"Learn to drive a tractor... Buy gold... We're running out of farmers..." This is the same interview he's been giving for years.

7. Bob111

Bob111

:p it's kind of typical WS approach..if you repeat same s**t over and over again-then sooner or later you are going to be right :p

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=242557