Rogers hillarious again

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dhpar, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

2. He says the US is in a recession and that there is no need to cut interest rates because the stock market is only 5% off its highs. If the market were to be down 30-40%, then there is a need to cut rates.

So according to him, monetary policy is set to where the stock market is.

Faber said the US is going to experience a colossal recession with the Dow to trade below 12,000? (He really went out on a limb with that number.)

Wow.

3. dhpar

dhpar

well these 2 guys really serve for entertainment than for anything else.
    that said they sometimes have good common sense points. (the ones that you quoted are clearly not among them though)

4. loza

loza Guest

Hey dimwits, why not wait 'til the fat lady sings with casting your pearls of wisdom? He(Rogers) could be right, you know......I don't know you from Adam but I have heard of him.....

5. dhpar

dhpar

yes sir mr president sir :D

you clearly do not know my opinions.

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Rogers could care less what is happening in a stock today. He is looking long term.

7. i'm curious because it seems like a valid point to me. since we are only ~5% off highs in the stock market, doesn't it seem a little odd to be cutting rates here to avert a recession? ...maybe a little too proactive?

is the fed admitting by a cut that we're in a real recession not represented in current notional prices

how is his quote lacking common sense?

8. Daal

Daal

he says that then claims the fed is trying to bail out his pals in wall street, he is very biased

9. Judge him by his net worth.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes, however the other side of that is, that the market has come back on the idea that the Fed will lower and that could be viewed as a reason why we are where we are. Should the Fed not lower, there will be a reaction initially to the downside. Over time, the market will come back as valuations are still very attractive. That being said, I only trade on technicals.

#10     Sep 18, 2007