Roger Stone Found Guilty on 7 Counts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Does this dumb bitch know Trump and his AG are in charge of The DOJ? He also picked the FBI Directer.

#51     Nov 16, 2019
    piezoe and Frederick Foresight like this.
  2. Yeah, but you voted for him.

#52     Nov 17, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Trump has a history of damaging the lives of those who stick with him. The smart ones are those who realized their reputation was in danger and arranged a graceful exit.

What puzzles me about Pompeo is that he is not lacking in intelligence like Nikki Haley or Jim Jordan -- their actions are easily explained. In fact, he's generally considered to be exceptionally smart; yet appears to have decided to remain on board a sinking ship. Why would any intelligent person tie themselves to a lawless president who, on his best days, can only command 40% of the vote? Of course, were Trump a good president misunderstood, altruism could explain it. But that can not be the explanation now. There must be an reason, but what is it? Is it that he has broken laws that will send him to prison for years, and Trump knows it. Is he a betrayer, just like Trump, and is confident the Russians have the next election well in hand and can not fail. And that in the aftermath he can continue to fool enough of the people enough of the time. Is he a confirmed believer in Bannon's White Nationalism and believes it is worth going down for "the cause". Or, like Trump, is he flawed by a ruinous personality disorder. Eventually we will know the answer. I don't believe blind ambition alone can be enough. In fact a smart person only there because of ambition would have exited long ago, as Gary Cohn did. So there must be something else on top of Pompeo's ambition. But what is it?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    #53     Nov 17, 2019
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Pompeo's never struck me as smart. That may be my own biased perception from listening to him speak; after all, he got a JD from Harvard.

#54     Nov 17, 2019
  5. First in his class at West Point.

Of course that would be breeze for a rocket surgeon like you.

#55     Nov 17, 2019
  6. piezoe

piezoe

He strikes me as smart, but there is something about him, particularly his demeanor when pressed by reporters that makes me think he is hiding something, and it is other than ordinary classified information. In fact, I get the impression he is lying by omission, if you know what I mean. And worse, he strikes me as not a very nice person, i.e., someone who might be OK with Stephen Miller.

#56     Nov 17, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

You may have a point, he may just not be an experienced liar who's always on defense trying to play the spin game which is blatantly transparent and makes me think less of his intellect.

#57     Nov 17, 2019
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Please stop being an idiot. The details of that transaction are available to you. it had to do with A Russian company buying a Canadian company. She was head of one of several government departments that had to OK the transaction because the Canadian company owned an American company that was included in the transaction. Hillary was not even directly involved. Russia already had all the Uranium they could ever use. They were not interested in acquiring more Uranium. There is no shortage of Uranium. Please don't be stupid.

Your remark is as ridiculous as if you were complaining that we sold potatoes to Russia.

#58     Nov 17, 2019
    RedDuke and Bugenhagen like this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

For those too slow to follow, "stated" is a metaphor for rectum, and deep is a condition afflicting the well endowed.

#59     Nov 17, 2019
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I would think that considering that the inquiry is centered around State Dept official policy re Ukraine, vs. Trump bribery, as ham handedly facilitated by the Amigos and Mulvaney, that sooner or later the name "Pompeo" will surface. So far, he's mostly been present as "The Secretary." Should Pompeo be having trouble sleeping, I could certainly understand why.

#60     Nov 17, 2019