Roger Stone Found Guilty on 7 Counts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Nov 15, 2019.

1. UsualName

UsualName

Ok. I concede but I would not use that term because it is a political process.

#21     Nov 15, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

It's called arithmetic, dumbshit.

#22     Nov 15, 2019
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

NO NO NO-----it is not a political process. That is why the Framers put the Senate review/trial in The Constitution-----for the precise reason to keep it from being a political process. ---Now granted, what you have in The House right now is political and political only, but that is why The Senate has a check on The House. ---And that check is a big one at 67% for conviction/removal. The State are on equal footing as well in The Senate so you don't have a few big states removing the president. ---Which is what's being attempted in The House right now. (California, New York et al).

#23     Nov 15, 2019
  4. UsualName

UsualName

You dumbshit, neither the senators nor the house members are unbiased and neutral jurors because they are elected politicians.

Impeachment is a political process.

#24     Nov 15, 2019
    Spike Trader and Tony Stark like this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

NO NO NO---- it is not. If it was, you wouldn't have the Senate trial where the weight of each state is 2 percent of the total and there is a prosecution and a defense and then a 67% vote needed for removal. The Senate trial is the check on The House to prevent it from being a political process.

#25     Nov 15, 2019
  6. #26     Nov 15, 2019
    elderado likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Trump's buddy Acosta cut him the deal. Sure tells me all I need to know about the rule of law in America under this administration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    #27     Nov 15, 2019
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Are any of those people Trump mentioned in jail?

#28     Nov 15, 2019
  9. Ricter

Ricter

AMF.

#29     Nov 15, 2019
  10. piezoe

piezoe

It can be argued that the Crimes of Stone, and especially those of Trump, are far, far more damaging than the crimes of Epstein. Working against an entire nation in favor of authoritarianism over democracy and the rule of law is as serious a crime one can commit in a democratic republic. In the Nixon affair , many thought that Nixon's crime was of this sort. And now, Trump's crime is, at its core, the same. There are no better words than Nixon's own to describe it: "When the President does it, it is not illegal."

Of course, on the surface Trump's crime is very different from Nixon's. Trump is guilty of being a foreign asset for personal gain, and all the other crimes that that has entailed; Nixon tried to cover up a petty crime, and in the process committed crimes against the Republic far worse than the original.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    #30     Nov 15, 2019
    Frederick Foresight and Ricter like this.