Roger Stone Found Guilty on 7 Counts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes--I agree. Furthermore, Stone knew what his chances were in DC Court and still didn't sing on The President. This was because there was no song to sing.

#11     Nov 15, 2019
  2. Trump should just pardon him later today to piss off the lefties.

I am kidding, right?

He will do it after he is elected and before his next inauguration.

#12     Nov 15, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  3. On the plus side, they'll be able to do each other's hair.

#13     Nov 15, 2019
    Spike Trader and Bugenhagen like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

#14     Nov 15, 2019
  5. UsualName

UsualName

No. The senate does not acquit. It simply does not remove.

The impeachment process is a political process and not designed to be fair. Unlike justice, with all of its flaws, is designed to be fair.

If Trump does not get re-elected he will have to face justice.

#15     Nov 15, 2019
  6. When he goes, he's going to go down hard.

#16     Nov 15, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I wonder whats going through Rudys mind today:cool:

#17     Nov 15, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  8. Same thing as what goes through a bug's mind when it hits a windshield: its ass. Rudy's ass is very much on the line.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    #18     Nov 15, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  9. smallfil

smallfil

Roger Stone should just appeal his case all the way to the US Supreme Court if needed. Amazing how the extreme liberal Democrats cannot be charged for any crimes they commit yet, every Republican and Conservative can be held up on the flimsiest if not, bogus charges. I refuse to believe everyone in our intelligence services is a traitor to the US but, a good number of Obama appointees are only loyal to Obama and Democrats. One day, the guilty will get charged as it should be.

#19     Nov 15, 2019
  10. Not really. The word "acquit" is commonly used even by Senate historians in regard to previous impeachments.

However, I have already done a rather lengthy post on why the shorthand description of the impeachment process mirroring an indictment and a trial is limited so I dont have a hard-on about defending that terminology but neither have I erred in doing so. I will leave that anal stuff to those who have nothing else to put forth.

Meanwhile, from the Senate website, note the use of the word "acquit."

You are welcome but as always you should cut down on the snarky stuff and take notes when others post.

On May 16, 1868, the Senate voted 35 to 19 to remove President Andrew Johnson from office—one vote short of the necessary two-thirds. For many of these 54 senators, this was unquestionably the single most difficult vote of their congressional careers. Seven Republican senators—William Pitt Fessenden, James Grimes, Edmund Ross, Peter Van Winkle, John B. Henderson, Joseph Fowler, and Lyman Trumbull—courageously defied their party's leadership and voted with the 12 Democratic senators to acquit the president—thereby saving him and, possibly, the institution of the presidency.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistor...enate_Votes_on_a_Presidential_Impeachment.htm

#20     Nov 15, 2019
    UsualName likes this.