ROFLMAO @ Bond Prices - 3 Month T-Bill yielding 1.79%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. 3 Month 1.79
    6 Month 2.02
    2 Year 1.85
    3 Year 1.79
    5 Year 2.41
    10 Year 3.30
    30 Year 4.11

Fed should cut to zero, there is no downside since there will be no inflation. :D

I'm way too young to ever remember yields that low. Even 9/11 was higher, right?

2. dozu888

dozu888

i tell ya, everybody is saying the dollar is dead.

look at what's happening to the treasuries, gold, and the euro.

Ben is cutting rates, Tritchet is still focused on 'fighting inflation'.

gold is pulling back, euro is pulling back.

when people 'flight to quality', they still flight to the good old USA

3. Hilarious, I know. There is still so much more room for fed to cut before people wake up. I honestly think he can take it to zero.

4. dozu888

dozu888

the USA is not the banana republic and it's not Argintina 2.0

The dollar is every countries foreign reserve... it's like if I own the bank 10 million dollars, the bank has a problem :D so the USA has all the countries by the throat financially.

the USA also has the strongest military BY FAR... we basically can bully around and decide who gets to live and die, so all the other countries better behave and keep finance our life style till the end of time. :D :D

5. dozu888

dozu888

the USA is not the banana republic and it's not Argintina 2.0

The dollar is every countries foreign reserve... it's like if I own the bank 10 million dollars, the bank has a problem :D so the USA has all the countries by the throat financially.

the USA also has the strongest military BY FAR... we basically can bully around and decide who gets to live and die, so all the other countries better behave and keep finance our life style till the end of time. :D :D

6. S2007S

S2007S

ha 0,

are u serious?

Thats not the way to go about doing it. Bringing the rate down to 0% would create major economical problems.

7. 9999

Last time I checked, the Vietnam war didn't go exactly as planned...never mind the current one. Every empire is destined to fall, sooner or later.

8. dozu888

dozu888

going great or not, that's a separate discussion.

but we did get to decide who lives/dies, didn't we? even towards the president of a used-to-be-sovereign nation.