roethesburger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Don't quote me on this, but Matt Cassel never saw the field at USC. If he did, it was during mop up duty. He is now a far superior QB to Leinart. Also, Joe Flacco was second string at U of Pitt and transferred down to 1-AA Delaware so he could start. He became a first round draft pick and starter for the Ravens. Not sure where Tyler Palko (Pitt's starting QB) is, but he's not at the same level as Flacco. College talent gets over looked all the time.

#31     Dec 8, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

Peyton Manning's Last three games: 11 interceptions, 4 returned for touchdowns and over 40 points from his turnovers. Indy 0-3 in that time.

Tom Brady's Last three games: 10 TD pases,0 interceptions, Patriots 3-0

Pretty easy to see who is the better quarterback here.

#32     Dec 8, 2010
  3. Oh yeah, Cassel is better than Palmer also. He backed up both Palmer, then Leinart at USC and was drafted in the 7th round...by the Patriots.

PS...Josh McDaniels is an idiot.

#33     Dec 8, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

Yep, he pretty much came in and single handedly destroyed their team. Got rid of a pro Bowl quarterback, in cutler, got rid of brandon marshall who is arguably the best reciever in the game right now, and traded away peyton hillis for brady quinn.

Must suck to be a bronco fan right now, this is the type of moves i would expect to see from the browns or the lions, who are in a permanent rebuilding mode until atleast the 2056 season when they plan to make a run for it.

#34     Dec 8, 2010
  5. Yes, being that I'm a Chicago native, I'm naturally a Bears fan. After 1+ seasons, still can't say if the Bears gave up too much for Cutler, but McDaniels managed to f-up all the picks we gave them, so we'll never see how this trade truly pans out.

Also, I love the Bronco's fans touting Orton as a solid QB. I like Kyle. He's a good guy and a hard worker. But, he's not an above average NFL QB. The numbers he is putting up this year are pure garbage against prevent defenses, which explains their 3-9 record. Notice anytime the Broncos are within a TD, Orton's stats are horrendous. Someone posted an actual breakdown of his stats, and the conclusion is what I previously mentioned.

I've been to several Bears games, both when Orton was the QB and now Cutler. The eye test alone shows a ridiculous difference between the talent levels of the two. Orton is a very good back up QB, and that's fine.

#35     Dec 8, 2010