RockTheLuker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thunderbolt, Feb 5, 2002.

1. honus

honus

Thanks, Rock. I got AU at the open 22.38 out at 10:30 22.70. I'm keeping an eye on gold. $GOXX

#21     Feb 7, 2002
  2. tv92670

tv92670

As of February, it seems as though these two sites have started to make different recommendations according to their past results postings. Can anyone comment?

#22     Feb 8, 2002
  3. tv, you are absolutely right. as of feb. the calls differ. i don't know what to make of it. i am a current member to check it out but i may not be next month. i don't like discrepancies that defy reasonable explanation. also, i don't like the fact that they didn't bother to reply to an email i sent them asking about a trade entry price that was odd. good spot, tv, why would sister sites that have been calling the exact same trades suddenly begin to differ in their calls???

i don't like it. :(

#23     Feb 8, 2002

4. Dearest Brother Protrader,

Why, oh why, is a trader of your experience and undoubted caliber reliant upon someone else's calls?

Pray, tell me, dearest Brother... is there something about the site that I am missing?

I ask these questions of you humbly, and with the sincerity of true fraternal love which is the epitomy of what it means to be a Brother... but I also ask you with a somewhat bemused mind.

Yours humbly,
    Candle

#24     Feb 8, 2002
  5. I am not so wise that i cannot learn. One never knows where a diamond in the rough may be found, and one will never find what one does not seek. My mind is but an open book, open to experience all things new and interesting. I thirst for knowledge! I hunger for experience! You may "save" me, my brother, if only you would pm me the url of your private room. I promise not to divulge our secret, or to dishonor you in any way. Please brother, help me......help me to the next level.. i reach out to you :(

PS May your feet make many happy footprints in the snow of life my brother.

#25     Feb 8, 2002
  6. Brother Candle, please forgive another question, but you mentioned that you like to scalp, and that you have a 3:1 ratio. Is that 3 winning trades for every losing trade, or, in other words, a 75% win rate? OR, is that each winning trade gives 3X the $$$ of each losing trade?

I ask only to establish an excellent standard to aspire to.

Also, would you be so kind as to outline your your approach to these scalps? What are your first thoughts when you begin to scalp? How do you conceptualize a successful scalp?

Thank you, dear brother, in advance for your time and tireless contributions to others. You are an inspiration to many of us.

Your Brother,

Protrader1

"Trade the trend with discipline and let probability sort out your p&l."

Candletrader

#26     Feb 8, 2002
  7. Dearest Brother Protrader,

I am flattered by your comments, which make me feel but prouder to share that inviolable bond between us of brotherly rapport through thick and thin, through the good times and through the times of adversity.

I will now render you my response, which I trust you will find befitting of a Brother, for without Brotherly spirit we are merely lonely wanderers traversing a void akin to an isolated desert of trading ignorance.

I attempt 3:1 with respect to the coupled phenomena of risk and reward. If I purport to lose a maximum of $500 in the course of a share transaction (be it of the long or of the short variety), then I feel it is only right only and proper to extract from Mother Market a reward of $1500, in return for my dedication to the trading game. In pursuing this endeavor, I seek to identify a situation whereby the odds are in my favor. An immediate consideration is the trend operative within the time framework that I have deemed appropriate for my scalping enterprise.

Thereafter, I will look for signs of interest and for Mother Market to have her sails blowing in the same direction as my potential speculation.

Given that the aforementioned parameters are in place, the rest of the trade consists of gut feel, since I am a discretionary trader. Of course, a systematic trader may argue that this is an incorrect approach. My contention would be that gut feel may constitute the subconcious synthesis of a systematic approach, garnered over many years of trading experience.

With love, understanding and compassion for you, my dearest of Brothers,
    Candle

#27     Feb 8, 2002
  8. Dear Brother Candle,

Thank you for your prompt reply. However, sadly, i must admit that after reading, re-reading, and re-reading even once again, it seems you have said very little with a lot.

Nevertheless, I do not think the worse of you, my dear brother, for I am sure you have your reasons for your pussyfooting.

Have a great weekend, brother!

Protrader1

#28     Feb 8, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Candletrader,

gut feel may constitute the subconcious synthesis of a systematic approach, garnered over many years of trading experience.

I agree. While the most accurate (and funniest) definition I ever heard of common sense was "the pooled ignorance of the masses", the gut feel of a trader is best reflected by your statement.

#29     Feb 8, 2002
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

ProTrader,

[message to Candletrader]: i must admit that after reading, re-reading, and re-reading even once again, it seems you have said very little with a lot...I am sure you have your reasons for your pussyfooting.

As the tagline to the movie "The Fly" said: Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid. Careful, you're treading on thin ice again, grasshopper :) And I must admit, I admire that about you, your willingness to do so, to tell the truth as you see it.

#30     Feb 8, 2002