RockTheLuker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thunderbolt, Feb 5, 2002.

1. i have notice that alfa has re-aranged his home page so that you cannot see that -2% loss so far this year.:(

#11     Feb 6, 2002
  2. wwatson, i don't notice any rearrangement. perhaps i'm not as perceptive as you, would you kindly show this. thank you

#12     Feb 6, 2002
  3. GoodMorningHonus&wwatson1,

Honus,

Read4U:

Gold gains in Europe as investors lose heart in Wall Street
    Reuters February 05 2002 at 07:25PM-->
    February 06 2002 at 08:18AM

London - Gold climbed to its highest level since end-September in Europe yesterday as investors lost heart in the falling US
    stock market, traders said.

Wall Street equities opened lower on brokerages' negative comments about technology companies. Stocks fell to three-month
    lows on Monday amid nerves over the collapse of US energy giant Enron and accountancy worries.

In early afternoon trade, the metal oscillated around resistance at $292 an ounce. The key $300 level, last breached two
    years ago, seemed in sight. "I really am getting quite bullish. It's going to $300 this week," a trader said.

Gold fixed at $291.95 yesterday afternoon, up from the morning fix of $290.35. This was its highest fix since reaching
    $293.10 on September 28.

Silver rose gently and is seen tracking bullion's price movements in the short term. It has gained about 15c in recent days and
    yesterday the spot price was $4.36/38, up 7c on the previous close. Silver is seen trading in the $4.35 to $4.40 range in the
    short term.

Platinum group metals were relatively stable amid low physical demand. Spot platinum was last indicated at $452/$457,
    unchanged from the New York close on Monday. Palladium was at $360/$370, against $367/382 at the previous close.

wwatson1,

GoHere:

MirrorSite4Alfa

http://Marketclue.com/

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#13     Feb 6, 2002
  4. honus,

How many POINTS you pulling out the market each day with Jay & Co.?

Sincerely,

A Potential Member

#14     Feb 6, 2002
  5. The only thing is i know i couldn't afford to hold 5 stocks at a time so wouldn't your performance suffer if you could only pick 1 or 2 ??:cool: Just a thought

#15     Feb 6, 2002
  6. "looser"

#16     Feb 6, 2002
  7. jsmith

jsmith

Are you doing ok with Alfa, Rocky?

Even though they have more wins than losses, they
    are down for this year.

They were down %4 this year when they took
    the percentage of this years record off the front page.

Instead, they now point to this years record + last years together.

#17     Feb 6, 2002
  8. oolarinm

oolarinm

i noticed that too ( they took their loss off the front page ) oh well , i used to like them alot because i thought they called it as it is , but then again they are only human

#18     Feb 7, 2002
  9. Bumtrader1 thank you for the constructive comments:mad: by saying a could not afford to hold five stocks at a time I meant holding a decent amount of shares 500-800 I can only trade 1-2 stocks a time.

#19     Feb 7, 2002
  10. GoodMorningAll....

jsmith,

Re: Alfa was up 40% YTD ...and now YTD -2%...DAMN!

I will stick with them for another month or two and blow the scene, if need be.

At least I didn't hold ENE, GX, TYC and KM....WHEW!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#20     Feb 7, 2002