ROCK takes the markets by storm

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ROCK SOLID, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Uh oh.. Followed system, but...

DAY: -3 :^[

ROCK

#21     Mar 6, 2003
  2. "trading with systems involves making decisions based on quantifiable ideas, not emotions after the fact.

is there more that you can tell us?"

so what 'system' are you using? if you let us know what you are looking at, maybe we can help too?

Pete

#22     Mar 6, 2003
  3. Trader Pete,

ROCK is not asking for help...

Also, your wasting your time in trying to get him to reveal his system after a few times of you asking him to do so.

This journal is for himself and only he is getting something out of it.

(Note: Barron should make some private threads at ET...that way traders like ROCK can do what they want and others that want more interaction aren't even aware of threads like this)

You can read ROCK's first message post in this thread...

Then again...I've notice a few journals in the past like this...

maybe that's what something like an online journal or diary at something like
    Blogger would be useful:

http://www.blogger.com

A few traders do use blogger or something like it because they didn't want any specific interaction about what they were posting at a trading forum or live-realtime trade posting room. Yet, they wanted to document what they were doing so they can review it at a later date...

if that's ROCK's purpose...I'm surprised he doesn't post commentary about other trading issues that would affect his system without him ever discussing his system nor having to post entries/exits.

The following statement may be a tad bit abrasive:

P.S. Journals DO NOT help most traders to follow or stick to their system...for those that start journals for that purpose.

At best...a journal is something good to review in hindsight or analyzing or promotion...issues that are affecting a traders methodology or good for seeking feedback or good for bringing attention to a system that merits a closer look...

such journals are rich in details...something this is not.

Once again...ROCK is not seeking any feedback.

Just my opinion about journals like this.

NihabaAshi

#23     Mar 6, 2003
  4. sorry about that. i forgot that he was not asking for help. i wasnt trying to get anything from him that he did not want to reveal, just thought that it was an open discussion - which i was wrong to think. sorry

Pete

#24     Mar 6, 2003