Robot Trading on futures - ES et al

Discussion in 'Journals' started by iuykcif, Sep 3, 2009.

1. 2 accounts working in tandem could be considered collusion, and that could get a regulator to knock on your door...

#11     Sep 3, 2009
  2. iuykcif

iuykcif

Thank you Stok for the nice encouragement.

I never stop testing new strategies. And this one is one of my favorite at the current time (I have tested some thousand strategies with their variations).

It's an impressing money machine. has the "little" problem that requires money on each account to be played. The nice aspect, is the overall risk is very limited. Practically absent.

As to the general idea it's like I said before. Balance/ Create umbalance / Scalp / ReBalance ... repeat forever without stops, always hedging.

Much of the headache here comes from implementation details, actually.

#12     Sep 3, 2009
  3. iuykcif

iuykcif

Good point.

This has been discussed many times here.

And it's not like you say.

See for instance:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174720

Further, even if you were right (and, this time, you are not) I have said 2 distinct individuals... :))

#13     Sep 3, 2009
  4. Stok

Stok

What is the software in the screen shots? Never seen it before, and does it handle the code and the trades all in one?

#14     Sep 3, 2009
  5. iuykcif

iuykcif

As said before, feel free to contact me directly for more questions, but do not ask me to post product details as I am not a ET sponsor (yet) and, at the moment, do not wish to be kicked out, once the well-known frustrated loser ET-RoboCop pops up :))

What do you mean by "handle the code and the trades all in one" ?

#15     Sep 3, 2009
  6. 2 distinct individuals trading as a team in a coordinated manner is known as collusion, that's a big nono.

1 trader trading with himself on 2 separate accounts is known as wash trading, that's also a big nono.

I'm not saying you're doing any of these things... just saying be careful not to piss off the wrong agency.

#16     Sep 3, 2009
  7. Stok

Stok

It seems to me that this can be done in one account?!? And as far as collusion, the "agencies" will look at it if it is some sort of tax scheme. Other than that, don't see why you can have 2 accounts, one long and one short the same instrument, but actively trading both sides.

#17     Sep 3, 2009
  8. iuykcif

iuykcif

About "collusion" must get informed because I do not know this concept. But it's anyway impossible to prove.

For the second point, we asked the CME to be sure, and it's not like you say.

See CME Group Rule 854

or ask, for any doubt,

Jerry O'Connor
    Associate Director, Market Regulation
    CME Group

#18     Sep 3, 2009
  9. iuykcif

iuykcif

That's called hedging and it's perfectly legal.
    Should we not protect our positions ?

There is not tax or other scam intent (l googled the term "collusion" and it seems another concept. Seem to require different brokers to take place.).

In any case we are just trading. It's a strategy. And no one will be ever able to prove there is any bad intent.

Unless you consider bad pursuing a possible profit fighting openly the market and taking your risks.

Should we only take losses ?

There are already so many losers, and anyway the commissions are always good ...

#19     Sep 3, 2009
  10. Stok

Stok

I meant to say don't see why you CAN'T have 2 accounts. I agree, what u r doing is perfectly fine.

#20     Sep 3, 2009